Can I Henna while Pregnant?

shibababy

I need to cover these gray hairs. Is it safe to Henna while pregnant? Also, has anyone had any hair loss after doing a henna application?
Thanks!

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I need to cover these gray hairs. Is it safe to Henna while pregnant? Also, has anyone had any hair loss after doing a henna application?
Thanks!

Condition with a very moisturizing conditioner after every henna...and weekly after treatments in between henna application. If it's mehandi-quality or pure, raw henna, sure. It's natural and doesn't cause problems. Stay away from anything that has PPD's in them. It has to be raw henna. Sometimes the Indian stores will carry something like "black henna" in a bottle, jar, etc. That's not true henna. The black one is actually indigo. PLease read this site:

http://www.hennapage.com/

And good luck with your henna experience.

JustKiya

Yes, you can henna while pregnant - henna is often used to decorate pregnant bellies, esp. in the later trimesters.

As GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I said, just make sure that it is pure BAQ (Body Art Quality) henna with nothing else in it, and you'll be fine.

Congrats!

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
I hennaed while pregnant and she was born 120% healthy and is still healthy, strong, and super intelligent 2 years later. Just make sure to use baq henna as already mentioned.

shibababy

Yes, you can henna while pregnant - henna is often used to decorate pregnant bellies, esp. in the later trimesters.

As GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I said, just make sure that it is pure BAQ (Body Art Quality) henna with nothing else in it, and you'll be fine.

Congrats!

oh yeah! I completely forgot about that. I've seen some designed bellies online.
Yes, I do have BAQ Henna on hand. I did one application in Dec. and still have a couple more packs laying around.

Thanks!