Can I Texlax Again ?

Maybe 3 months ago I texlaxed the top back of my head. My hair is 3b with some areas of 3c in the back crown area and major frizz. My hair is also very heat damaged on the sides so some parts are 3a/2b and some are just totally straight so the frizz in the back was. really tormenting me.
Anyway, I coated my hair with protein conditioner, used a mild lye (Silk Elements) and left it in about 5 minutes. It just slightly loosened my curls but left some frizz. I'm very tempted to do it again for another 5 or so minutes... is this a bad idea? This whole thing was probably 2-3 months ago but I would not just be doing the new growth (I wouldn't be able to differentiate anyway)....I don't want straight hair, I just want an even looser curl, would doing another 5 minute texlax do it or just give me straight hair?

I have been gone for too long... I can't believe Dlewis is gone... She was always so helpful and she inspired me to start texlaxing :sad:

Anyway I'll be doing the process tonight, fingers crossed I won't turn my hair straight or have it break off. I'll post pics of the pattern I get. I'm just worried since I did it already lol, I'm thinking it may go straight now.

It shouldn't get straight and you should be able to still see and feel the wave before you rinse it out. And after Op. Surely the protein conditioning step you took last time should assist in leaving some texture. Hope it went well for you! I miss DLewis too!

ETA: especially when you're only processing for a few minutes.

Back