Can I texturize my hair myself? Offer your experie

ElisaF

Please offer your experiences. I want to cut and texturize my hair. I live in new york and I would like to go to a hairdresser who listens to what i want and not what they want. I really want to do it myself but i'm kinda scared. Do any of you have pictures of a short texturize crop? My friends are trying to sway my decision of doing a texturizer by saying it might turn out like a jheri curl or it will dry up throughout the day and look really frizzy. I don't want a jheri curl or something drippy but I want something really short, shiny and curly. Do any of you new yorkers know of a professional that does textiturizers? Can you tell me which texturizer is the better. Please offer tips on doing a texturizer and I would love to see pictures.

Isis

I don't have a "texturizer' but I think Modelchick does and there are quite a few others here who can give you great advice.

My hair looks texturized because I leave my relaxer in for only 10 min (1/2 the recommended time). I haven't done this on purpose either. Some of the ladies also use a mild relaxer on their new growth for a shorter period of time to get texturized hair.

Mitre

I went to La Var and Marcia did my hair it is locate at 134 west 72 street new york 10023 tel (212) 724 0209. Marcia is vaery is very nice and did and listen to everything I said. She applie4d and smooth the relaxer on for only 10 minutes on my hair. But I made her smooth it for another 5 minutes. Give her a call

ElisaF

i just tried to call and a answering machine came on and it sounded like a private residence. Are you sure that's the number. I will try again later.

sengschick

The Bun Master
I have texturized hair, but it's not short. I think the curl you get depends on your natural texture. My hair is very similar to it's natural state only my curls fall instead of shrinking so much. My pics are kinda old now and are from a fresh texturizer. It was professionally done, so I don't have advice on do it yourself texturizing. If you'd like to see pics, let me know.

Karonica

Oooh, he does some beautiful work.

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
Alli77 said:
very nice results. What relaxer did you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a PhytoSpecific Index 1 (mild)

Mitre

If the number for La Var donot work you should go in and talk to her it is free. Just tell her you are from LHCF, she would actually sit and talk to you. Trust me she is the only stylist that I would let do my hair. Half my hair is straight and the other half is texturize