Can I use a "deep penetrating" reconstructor after a clarifying shampoo?

Glib Gurl

Hey

I'm going to try the regiment suggested by Sistaslick in her fotki article here. The article says to use a mild reconstructor, but all I have is Joico K-Pak "Deep Penetrating Reconstructor." Would this be harmful to my hair? Specifcally I'd like to combine it with my normal Motions after-shampoo moisturizing conditioner and keep them on my head under a heated towel for about 30 minutes.

Does this sound okay???

Neroli

Yep, that sounds great. IMO, the best time to do a really good DC is immediately after clarifying when hair is most receptive. I haven't used those specific products before, I get good results when I do a 50/50 mix of humectress/keraphix and leave on at least 30 minutes. The moisture/protein balance should be restored leaving hair both soft and strong . . .

Artemis

That sounds yummy!!! :yep:

Ditto what Neroli said.

I heart Joico K-pak, well, anything Joico really. The whole line (so far) works great on my hair.

ravenmerlita

I do a deep reconstructor after clarifying, then I use a moisturizing conditioner. After I clarify, I apply the reconstructor, leave it on for 20-30 minutes with a heat cap and rinse it out really wel. Then I apply the moisturizing conditioner for 30-60 minutes with a heat cap. I find that leaving the moisturizing conditioner on longer works better for my hair.

HoneyDew

I do a deep reconstructor after clarifying, then I use a moisturizing conditioner. After I clarify, I apply the reconstructor, leave it on for 20-30 minutes with a heat cap and rinse it out really wel. Then I apply the moisturizing conditioner for 30-60 minutes with a heat cap. I find that leaving the moisturizing conditioner on longer works better for my hair.

This is what I have been doing for every other shampoo and it works very well. I use Dumb Blonde Reconstructor for the protein and a mixture of Lustrasilk Shea Butter and Olive Oil Cholesterol Conditioners for the moisture. I love this process and my hair stays strong and moisturized. I use clarifying shampoo each time.

Edited to Add:

I do use a moisturizing shampoo after the clarifying one.

Last edited: