K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

newflowers

K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor question

Hello ladies,

I am still trying to figure out the use of protein (I know, slow learner). I will be finished with C&G in early July and will relax my hair a couple of weeks after the braids are out.

I read about this product tonight and am wondering if anyone is using it and what your results were. I specifically want to use it in place of the reconstructor that comes in the Phyto kit.

Sooooo...

If you have used this product, I would greatly appreciate a review of your experience. If you used it as a reconstructor while relaxing, that would be great to know. If you have a suggestion for another product to use as a reconstructor after relaxing, I would appreciate that as well.

Thanks.

Last edited:

preciousjewel76

I used the Generic Solutions version of K-Pak (from Sally's) on Sunday, and I loved it. I think I'll stick with that as my monthly reconstructor.

I use the Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor as my post-relaxer protein treatment. After I rinse out the relaxer, I add this to my hair and leave it on for 5 minutes. Then I condition (Porosity Control & Motions Moisture Plus), neutralize, and deep condition.

FineChyna

When I was transitioning I used it regularly with the super conditioning shampoo.

It worked great IMO-it left my hair soft, silky, conditioned and when I used heat to style there was very little if any hair in the combs or on the floor. I also used the leave in reconstructor form that is a heat protectant as well. I am natural now but I was planning on buying some of this stuff and using it maybe once a month or something. I really liked that product.

newflowers

Thanks. I think I'm going to give it a try and see. According to the Joico website, this reconstructor has the highest amount of human hair keratin available. According to a recent post here, human hair keratin is the best to use for strengthening properties.

It's a win-win - I'm going for it.

Thanks again.