Can I use this type of leave-in after using Aphogee?

Sunshine0801

Does anyone know if it is okay to use Giovanni Direct Leave-In, which I read contains protein, after using Aphogee? I don't plan to use it directly after using Aphogee, but I was thinking about using it after I DC.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Edited Answer: I didn't see that last part of your post, so I have to change my answer. Yes I have used Aphogee, then deep conditioned with a moisturizing conditioner and then used Giovani Direct with no problems. When I used GD without deep conditioning first, it made my hair hard.

Last edited:

Sunshine0801

Giovanni Direct makes my hair hard, so I would imagine it would be double hard right after Aphogee. I would follow up with a completely moisturizing conditioner first (with no protein).

I plan on DC'ing right after I rinse out the Aphogee, but I wonder if it is safe to use Giovanni after I DC with a moisturizing conditioner...

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I changed my answer above after I re-read your post (I missed that last part).

I think the main thing with the Giovanni Direct is not to use too much. When I use only a little bit (say a quarter size), I yield better results (my hair is not so crunchy and hard).