Can natural haired ladies do a bun drop??

Lovingmywaves12

I realize this maybe a goofy question, but I am curious. I have seen a few people mention doing bun drops when their hair gets a little more length to it. For relaxed heads, I can see how this would happen. Pull out your bun sticks or that one bobby pin holding it together and all your hair falls to its luxurious length :yep: :lick:

However, can this same cascading effect be achieved with natural hair? I realize that to attempt this, your hair has to be a certain length. But I guess Im trying to figure out if it will cascade OR puff out AND fall???

Any ideas would be most helpful.

Thanks ladies!!!

Along with length your hair also has to have weight. I can see this being possible with natural hair that has texture to it (braid out, twist out, etc), flat ironed hair, or a combed out Afro that is long enough.

I don't think it will have the same effect....the hair would just plop down after being released and probably won't fall all the way down.

I know my Hair would just stay suspended in mid air!:lol::lol:

I think unless the hair is flat ironed or in a really stretched state we natural ladies wont get a bun drop.

we could definitely do a hair unfurl though lol

It could be done, on soaking wet hair that is full of conditioner, that has only been in said bun for 10-30 seconds. Keep the hope alive.

Oh yes I can just see it now. I remove my bun and my hair would be sticking up like one of the Troll Dolls LOL

image-3133002565.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-233986921.jpg
    image-233986921.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 13
Uhmm...if we are talmbout type 4 hair, then all of the above. If we're talmbout type 3C, I can see @FlowerHair being able to do a bun drop with her natural 3C hair. I think @~~HoneyComb~~ can also do a bun drop with her 3C/4A hair. :look:

Last edited:
I need to figure out if I can do one in my natural state. I KNOW it aint happening now, I dont have enough length. Heck, when I take out a ponytail, you would think the scrunchie is still in there.

Im gonna wait until the end of the year and see if I can do one. If I feel like being funny, maybe I will video it. Im sure, knowing my personality, I will do something crazy just to make it happen.

This is the kind of stuff I think about when I am bored, lol!

Uhmm...if we are talmbout type 4 hair, then all of the above. If we're talmbout type 3C, I can see @FlowerHair being able to do a bun drop with her natural 3C hair. I think @~~HoneyComb~~ can also do a bun drop with her 3C/4A hair. :look:

I probably could, but of course it's more impressive if the hair is straight as it will sway and shine more... My hair would just go down with a "fffftttt" lol!

Regardless, most of us naturals have very nice buns, much nicer than straight hair buns IMO, since it's thicker and bigger! :yep:

Uhmm...if we are talmbout type 4 hair, then all of the above. If we're talmbout type 3C, I can see FlowerHair being able to do a bun drop with her natural 3C hair. I think ~~HoneyComb~~ can also do a bun drop with her 3C/4A hair. :look:

I don't know if this is what the OP is looking for, but this is as close as I can get to a drop bun Nonie, this pic was taken a few years ago, and I braided my hair before bunning. I haven't bunned my hair in ages.

x26qg1.jpg

I can do you with a scrunchie explosion, like when I keep my hair in a messy ball on top of my head and then pull the scrunchie out in the morning, curls exploding everywhere.

It would make sense if the natural hair (w/ shrinkage, twist/braidout, etc) is really long. I've always wanted to see an unstretched bun drop. :yep:

Back