Can Oil(s) Be Used As a Deep Conditioner?

Barbara

Princess
Instead of using a deep conditioner, can an oil or an oil blend be used as a deep conditioner then rinsed out? :perplexed Has anyone tried this method? This is similar to a hot oil treatment if used as a deep conditioner with a plastic cap on and sitting under the dryer for about 30 minutes. If so, what were your results? :peace:

SEMO

I think oils can be used, with conditioner, to aid deep conditioning. I'm deep conditioning right now with castor oil and regular conditioner (with a plastic cap on).

I don't know if an oil can be used solely as a deep conditioner. Maybe.

MrsBKJ

Instead of using a deep conditioner, can an oil or an oil blend be used as a deep conditioner then rinsed out? :perplexed Has anyone tried this method? This is similar to a hot oil treatment if used as a deep conditioner with a plastic cap on and sitting under the dryer for about 30 minutes. If so, what were your results? :peace:

Ive done this and still do this occasionally. I apply the oil to my hair and then put on a plastic bag/cap and leave, and do a con wash. I like the way my felt, it was very soft and moisturised.
Ive used it as a pre-poo also but the way you describe is similar to what sareca describes in her oil rinses (in a way).

Uzz

discodumpling

I use deep oil treatments often. Sometimes it's an oil rich in protein properties sometimes it's moisture, sometimes both...it just depends on what my hair is asking for. Lately it's just plain old EVOO

I oil then baggy with or without heat and never less than an hr. Soft, strong hair is always the end result.

Whimsy

I think so. I use coconut oil, I just grab a handful and slather it on from root to tip, cover w/ a plastic cap and will either go about my entire day w/o heat or sit for 1/2 hour or so under my dryer. Afterwards my hair is so soft and easy to deal with, even my 5/6 months of new growth.

Barbara

Princess
Thanks for your comments. I always put oil(s) in all of my conditioners, but that thought just came to my mind yesterday. :scratchch