Can relaxed heads Flat Iron???

caralexis2005

Hello all,
I was just wondering if relaxed heads can flat iron? I would like to just do it occasionally if I air dry.
Airdrying does not leave my hair straight like rollersetting does- Instead air-drying makes it wavy/poofy.
I get tired of rollersetting and find I get impatient with my hair which can be more damaging in the long run.

Do you guys think if I used that new image thermal protectant or some other heat protector that I could flatiron once a month without damage?
Thanks
Caralexis

When I had a relaxer, I flatironed my hair. I would airdry it in braids, and when my hair was completely dry, I would flatiron each section. I didn't wreak too much havoc on my hair, but some people can't use excessive heat, so make sure using heat is not a source of major damage for you.

If it is, the flatironing might not be a good idea.

Ahhhh so YOU'RE the one that I got that air-drying in braids from. I KNEW I got it from someone on here but I just couldn't remember who! Worked like a charm girl. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm just waving to caralexis!
277.gif

Glad your pc problems were fixed. Welcome to the board!

Hi Caralexis2005,

Sure you can flat- iron without damage, especially if you only do it once a month. Try not to use it on the hottest settings. Get a ceramic flat iron, like a Jilbere. The ceramic flat irons are supposed to be much better for the hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
caralexis2005 said:
........Do you guys think if I used that new image thermal protectant or some other heat protector that I could flatiron once a month without damage?
Thanks
Caralexis

[/ QUOTE ]

Using a heat protectant would be a good thing to do if you are going to flat iron. If I'm not mistaked the New Image was discontinued so you might want to find something that has phytantriol as one of the ingredients. I hear Thermal Silk has this ingredient. Based on what your saying flat ironing would be the lesser of 2 evils if done with the precautions mentioned.

Have you tried air drying your hair in a bun and then wrapping it after it drys?

wow, this is an oooold thread. i now know that i could flatiron but i really try to use once every 2 months at most.
thanks spagirl for the info about thermasilk. i will check that out. do you use their products? if so, which ones?

Back