Can Relaxed Ladies Help Me Make A Regimen For My Friend Please :)

JC-Junkie

Hey Guys !!!! My friend has just started university and she needs a simple yet effective regimen :yep: She has relaxed 4a/4b hair which is dense and thick. She already deep conditions but she is still looking for a good DC and protein treatment, so any product suggestions would be great :yep: Can she co-wash her hair, and if yes how many times a week? What hairstyles do you ladies wear, wet buns, braidouts? Also how often do you straighten your hair and what's your regimen for staightening? What's your regimen in general ? It would be great if you ladies could help me make a simple regimen for my friend :yep:

TIA and HHG Ladies !!!

JC-Junkie

Thank you very much !!

bumping for more product suggestions and hairstyles :)

Last edited:

danysedai

Is she new to co-washing? It doesn't work for some people, I know it doesn't work for me.
I jumped into a lot of bandwagons when I was first here and my hair suffered for that. It's only since I simplified it and have kept on doing the same thing that my hair has thrived.
In my case:
Stretch relaxers but not for too long (3 to 4 months is good for me).Trim only when needed.
Wash and DC once a week.
Rollerset using a small amount of leave in.
Straightening: Flat iron roots only if I have a lot of new growth and want to wear my hair out(sleep in pincurls) , or do not flat iron, and wear curls in a banana clip.
Moisturize hair,specially edges,nape and ends.Seal with a liiiiitle bit of coconut oil.

I'm a PJ and I have a lot of products but I make sure to have a protein conditioner and (several) moisturizing conditioners.

Bigmommah

I DC once per week and co-wash twice. I roller set to straighten my roots a bit and I am currently rotating between a bun or tucked pony tail with a front bump, 2 strand flat twists and french braided styles all done with my own hair. I'm currently in a long stretch but plan to stretch only 12-16 weeks after the beginning of the year.

My products for DC are Hello Hydration and Hot 6 oils followed by Aphogee 2 min
My moisture is a mixture of Infusium 23 and IC Deep Moisture (a 50/50 split) I also use a cream hairdress by Cantu when I'm twisting and braiding.
JBC/coconut oil on my edges and ends and in the parts when I'm braided or twisted.

That's about it.

Oh before I chelate-poo (once per month) I use garlic infused coconut oil as my pre-poo. I slap it on and run around doing housework or exercising for a few hours. I also do this if I've worn a twist out so that my hair isn't tangled.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Wash and DC once a week
Air Dry most times with using a moisturizing leave in, a protein leave-in and seal with oil
Rollerset with serum when I'm looking for a look other than air dry
Dry Bun most times

The product required will vary for hair types. Not all relaxed hair responds the same. My prods are:
Poo: Neutrogena Triple Moisture (NTM) Cream Lather
DC Mixture: 1 ORS replenishing pak, 1T of hemp oil, 1T of Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor and 1T of lustrasilk shea/mango butter.
Leave In: GVP The Conditioner ETA: or NTM silk touch, Elasta QP H-Two
Oil Mixture: jbco, wgo and evoo

lovelexi

A good hard protein is Aphogee 2 Step (done every 8 weeks)
A mild protein is the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor(done with every wash...my fine strands like protein)
I tried cowashing but I find it uneccessary. I just wash my hair every 3-5 days. Makes it easier. I am in college too. Our schedules get hectic.
I moisturize with bee mine balancing cream moisturizer and seal with coconut oil.
The only type of straightening I do to my hair is a rollerset then wrap it and sit back under the dryer for 10 mins for a sleek look.
I experiment with braid outs and pin curls.
I shampoo and DC with Giovanni Smooth as Silk line. My leave in is just a little VO5 conditioner diluted with distilled water.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I seemed to retain the most length with the following regimen:

shampoo with sulfate free shampoo and intense condition once a week. I say intense because it can be left in with a plastic cap, but not necessarily having to sit under a warm dryer. Leaving it on 30 minutes to an hour with a plastic cap is enough. Also, we tend to call any conditioning session under the dryer a "DC" on this board and that's not correct either, but that's not important...

Co-wash once/week--about 3-4 days after regular shampoo/intense conditioning day

air drying with a leave-in conditioner, oil or moisturize hair once it is mostly dry (I get better length retention with airdrying than I do with rollersetting; may not be true for everyone)

protective styling 95% of the time

relaxing no more than every 10 weeks (can go longer, but not shorter)

clarify and protein monthly or as needed

Favorite products:
Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo (good substitute is Elasta QP Shampoo for Relaxed Hair)
Redken Cleansing Creme (for clarifying)
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Aubrey GPB
Motions Silk Protein
TIGI Dumb Blonde
Ultra Sheen Duo Tex (for major protein treatment)

Last edited: