Can sulphur on hair damage hair

Matty4eva

I use castor oil and rosemary on my edges to help regrow them. When I am finished if I have some excess oil on my hands I rub it on the rest of my hair. This has helped thicken my hair a bit. I have now added flowers of sulphur (sublimed sulphur) to the mix, about a tablespoon. I was wondering that if I was to use this on my edges and then rub any excess on my hair will my hair dry out?

candie19

I can't speak for others but sublimes sulfur dried out my hair to the point where if I touched it I would have hair in my hands and all over the floor. However, there are many ladies who have grown their hair significantly with sulfur.

SweetlyCurly

I use castor oil and rosemary on my edges to help regrow them. When I am finished if I have some excess oil on my hands I rub it on the rest of my hair. This has helped thicken my hair a bit. I have now added flowers of sulphur (sublimed sulphur) to the mix, about a tablespoon. I was wondering that if I was to use this on my edges and then rub any excess on my hair will my hair dry out?

A tablespoon might be too much to your mix...unless your mix is like a 16oz of something.

onesoulsista

I'm in the sulphur challenge. Sulphur used as a growth aid, is applied to your SCALP only. Due to its drying nature. I recommend following sulphur with a spray leave in and cream leave in, to combat the drying effect of the sulphur.

Matty4eva

I was thinking of a water glycerin mix sprayed on first and then sealed in with argan oil. Is that a good route to take

onesoulsista

Yes your glycerin mix sounds good. I would suggest you look up sulphur mix recipes or buy a premixed oil blend such as Njoy's. Refer to the sulphur challenge for tips

frizzy

I stopped because of the smell, too, but IMO sulpher has no benefit added to the hair...only the scalp.

southerncitygirl

Matty4eva

sulfur is only for the scalp and you only need 1tsp per every 8oz. coconut, grapeseed, sweet almond, macadamia, kukui, pumpkinseed, walnut, hemp and/or olive could be some additional oils to add to your mix to counteract dryness. i prefer to use a natural grease ( i use one by natural oasis) to mix the sulfur in cause I don't get drippies. In addition to fruit/herbal extracts the grease has olive, castor, and argan oils in it, so I haven't had any issues with dryness. Also because the grease smells fruity and the other products I use during the week have a fresh, clean scent I don't smell burnt,lol. Sulfur will help your scalp and potentially increase growth but it won't reverse heat damage...you just have to grow it out and gradually trim it off. as stated by the other ladies check out the sulfur challenge thread it is quite helpful.