Can the C&G method be used with a weave?

freshlikemoi

Hey ladies..the winter months are near in Boston. My plan for the end of the year or the beginning of the next *I'm leaving it in god's hands:fairy:* is to reach APL. Currently I am 8 weeks post and I think a weave would be a great covering (especially for the winter) to get me to do a rigorous stretch. My question is, have any of you ladies used weaves to retain length with the crown and glory method?

Don't play me like that....yea you!:spank: If you know the answer then hook a sistah up with the info!:fairy:

Bumpidy doo daaa Bumpidy day!

:yep: that's what i'm doing right now, with a short curly weave. Only thing is rather than the daily infusium spray I co-wash every other day. I oil my scalp with vatika in the morning and Mn/ sulphur mix in the evening and that's pretty much it... I used shampoo (Aveda dr) and it dried out my curl even after conditioning so I think i'll just stick with the co-wash and acv rinse to clarify my scalp. I'll redo the weave about 2 weeks I may go a bit longer lengthwise next time...

Thanx ladies. I am planning on getting a weave this weekend..My first! So I want to make sure I don't do myself a disservice! Thanx again.

Just make sure its not tight and look after it like your hair's still out and you should be good. Check out rabiaelaine's (? spelling) fotki u can do a search for her...

My natural hair is not that short or fine and its just one big mass of braids underneath my weave. How do you dry properly hothair? Or do you just wash the ends?

I put conditioner (or shampoo) in an applicator bottle with water shake well and target my scalp/ hair, the run through goes unto the weave, then I massage my scalp gently (what I can reach) and then use my shower head to rinse. Shake my head then just let it airdry its not freezing yet so i seem to have been doing ok. I think if it was straight (the weave) i would use a dryer for a bit to speed it up at least the extension bit, but this works well for me its a bit like wearing a wash n go

I put conditioner (or shampoo) in an applicator bottle with water shake well and target my scalp/ hair, the run through goes unto the weave, then I massage my scalp gently (what I can reach) and then use my shower head to rinse. Shake my head then just let it airdry its not freezing yet so i seem to have been doing ok. I think if it was straight (the weave) i would use a dryer for a bit to speed it up at least the extension bit, but this works well for me its a bit like wearing a wash n go

How long does it take the braids underneath to airdry?

Thanx ladies for the responses! I'm getting a weave..and off to C&G I go..I wanna gain at least 2 to 3 inches from this..

Yep. It's still cornrows.

I got a weave a couple weeks ago and I will be wearing it for the winter.

I am gonna try to stay in a weave until spring. I will make it to back BSL if it kills me, LOL.

ETA:

Pray for me! lol I have new-style-needed-every-day-er-itis.

Hey Freshlikemoi that's how I plan to wear it all winter if I can fit my hair under the weave lolll.
I'm getting a full weave so I can do a no-low manipulation from nov to end february. When I use wgho and mtg on the scalp between rows it is way easier to remove the hair in cornrows so I ll let it breathe next spring

Hey ladies..the winter months are near in Boston. My plan for the end of the year or the beginning of the next *I'm leaving it in god's hands:fairy:* is to reach APL. Currently I am 8 weeks post and I think a weave would be a great covering (especially for the winter) to get me to do a rigorous stretch. My question is, have any of you ladies used weaves to retain length with the crown and glory method?

How long does it take the braids underneath to airdry?

I would say to dry fully about 4-6 hours actually maybe less, but I really don't notice, the weave itself dries to slightly damp in just over an hour and stops dripping in 15-30 mins...

I would say to dry fully about 4-6 hours actually maybe less, but I really don't notice, the weave itself dries to slightly damp in just over an hour and stops dripping in 15-30 mins...

ITA... but I spray my braids with leavein and then blast my braids with a blowdryer on the cool setting for about 10 minutes.

Back