Can U do sew-in for hair extension or some1 u know

karen

Hello,

I'm looking to get my hair extension. I have straight-wavy hair, it's about a couple of inches below shouldered lenghth and I really want to get hair extension, I'm looking for someone who can do my hair extension without charging the same price as the salon does, cause I don't have alot of money- I'm a college student that have to take care of herself lol. If any one of you women here know how to do sew-in or know anyone else who can do this please reply to this post please, I will buy my own human hair, I will pay about $60, but the lower the price the better, prices are negotiable. Please, I really can't wait to have long hair. Oh one important thing, I live in the southern california region, so if you're from Riverside, san bernardino, rialto, pomona, orange county, LA. or anywhere whithin the perimeter or Riverside, please reply. Thanks

karen

Hi Karen, well I'm on the east coast but out here the African braiders charge sixty dollars to braid up your hair and sew in a weave, that's if you have your own hair... if they have to supply the hair it's like 110 or something. So my advice to you would be to check the african braiders in your hair and see what the prices are like.

If you can get them to do it, my advice would be to pay close attention. That's how I learned to sew in my own and it saved me so much time and money. It took a few tries to perfect it, but I can do a sew in now blind folded.

Good luck to ya'

Hi Crystal,

So you can sew your own hair? are you serious? I thought that was impossible, anyways last night I tried to sew the track to my own hair and it is impossible to do it, arghhh, most of the salon here charge from $145-$250 so it's so expensive, some charge $30 per track, and I know my hair will need like around 5 track so that would amount to $150 and that's just too much money for me. a couple of monthes ago I've met a women in a hair store and she told me that she can do sew-in for me for $40 , but I lost her phone numbers a while ago, arghh, I'm so piss now. Maybe I should stand guard at every hair store and ask everyone I see if they can do this
smile.gif
anyway, would you mind telling me how you do the sew in by yourself?

Karen

Lol,

I bought a real human hair track that's really long for only $11 at this local korean hair store, it's pretty cheap, and it's real hair too, you can make at least 8-9 tracks with it too. and the hair is long too, about more than 12 inches, and the longer one he sold is just about $15 or so.

I only sew in the wavy hair. I start in the front and go ear to ear and then snake it when I go to the next row. I leave out a hairline. I've been doing my own for years so it's no biggie anymore. I leave it in for about 6-8 weeks. I haven't worn a weave though in almost a year now. but I may do one again at the end of the year.

the hair I use costs around eighty bucks a bag and I need about a bag and a half so I get two. But it can be re used. I used cheaper hair once and said never again.

But as I suggested... try the braiding salons versus the hair salons and see if someone can do it for you at a cheaper price.

Back