Can You Believe I Just Got 2 Inches Cut And She Still Has All This!

sterry

Yes,
I took 2 inches off my duahters hair and she still has so much left.
I have to find some different styles besides a ponytail.
This is all natural. Im not sure what type she is. But it can be a hassle sometimes since her hair doesn't stay in braids.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
I know I have ask this before, but it won't stop growing!
Password is sterry

http://public.fotki.com/lorie060669/my_girls/p1010068.html

Last edited:

chocolate01

What's the password for the album?

:eek: That is a lot of hair. How do manage? I don't have any suggestions but her hair is gorgeous.

Last edited:

TigerLily

Oh.My.FRIGGIN'.....LORD GOD!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That'd be a lotta hair mayn! :D

I don't have any suggestions...just had to say that. God bless you, sterry!

tropicexotic

free @ last
I know you said it doesn't stay in braids, but I think 2 french braids would be really cute...I can't think of anything else tho. She has some serious length goin on lol. :)

Shatani

sweet jebus!!!! her hair is almost as tall as she is!!!!! thats gorgeous....but i dont think theres much you can do with it other than a braid or too....you can secure the ends with something.....i have a friend whose hair is just about down to her ankles and thats pretty much what she does with hers....hers is very straight, so she puts a rubberband on the ends...

Ms Red

Lord Have Mercy. Ummmm.... *still shocked* :) I agree- two french braids secured at the end with coated rubber bands is a good choice. A ballerina bun would be great if you could secure it well enough. ??

Tai

My niece has had hair this long. Bre's is just tailbone length now. I would keep it in different kinds of braids. She loves cornrows so I would do cute cornrowed styles on her and once they started getting frizzy, we'd take them out and she'd rock the braidout for a day. But her hair was normally braided, flat twisted (one and two stranded) or in a bun or two. She also likes to have the top part of her hair cornrowed and the braids twisted into bantu knots and then I'd leave the back down after bunning it over night so it would wave up. It is down occasionally but her hair tangles horribly. Styling her hair does take awhile but she's learned to be patient and I give her a few breaks.

sterry

Thank you ladies.
Someone meantioned tangles when left out. Leaving her hair out is not an option!
Tangles, snarls, knots you name it.
I would love to do 2 French braids, but I don' know how.
Do you think she is too young for hair gel. Just to keep the edges in controll?
I also love the idea of bantu knots. How do I secure them?
Thanks

Allandra

sterry said:
her hair doesn't stay in braids
How come her hair doesn't stay in braids? My youngest niece has very long hair, and my sister-in-law does her hair in cute braid styles (no more than 10 braids or so). She always uses something (gentle) on the ends to secure them.

Nsslovely

sterry said:
Thank you ladies.
Someone meantioned tangles when left out. Leaving her hair out is not an option!
Tangles, snarls, knots you name it.
I would love to do 2 French braids, but I don' know how.
Do you think she is too young for hair gel. Just to keep the edges in controll?
I also love the idea of bantu knots. How do I secure them?
Thanks

Try Elasta QP glaze instead of gel

Nyambura

surfer girl
Cincysweetie said:
Gorgeous hair! I agree with the ladies, a braid or two secured by rubberbands on the ends.

ITA. :yep: A braid or two (I really like the french braid idea) would be attractive and hair-friendly. Your daughter's hair is beautiful. It's also the first legitimate pic I've seen of what Andre Walker considers to be a "Type 2": naturally straight with a bit of wave to it (*not* curly or tightly waved).

Crysdon

sterry said:
Yes,
I took 2 inches off my duahters hair and she still has so much left.
I have to find some different styles besides a ponytail.
This is all natural. Im not sure what type she is. But it can be a hassle sometimes since her hair doesn't stay in braids.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
I know I have ask this before, but it won't stop growing!
Password is sterry

http://public.fotki.com/lorie060669/my_girls/p1010068.html

Goodness! That's a lot of hair. It's beautiful. Her hair looks like a 2b. I would have said 2a, but her hair looks really thick. If it's finer than what the picture is projecting, then she's a 2a. HTH

Mizani_Mrs

whoa! Gorgeous hair.....I'd say braid it in a whole bunch of fine single braids....Then she can try all sorts of ponytail styles every day. Also the braids will last for at least 3 weeks. My sister does my niece's hair and it looks so cute, she has type 3bhair BSL hair (although she's only 3yrs old and doesn't own a bra...but u get what i'm saying...) :look:

Diane71

LAWD!!! That is some thick, long hair your daughter has Sterry. What have you been putting on that scalp on hers??? Absolutely beautiful.

CarLiTa

Here I come to save the daaaaaayyyyyy! I need a new wig anyway

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Hilarious! But wow, that is some gorgeous hair! I'm just :eek: ... your daughter will never have to worry about growing it out, it's already grown out and then some. How old is she?

sterry

Diane71 said:
LAWD!!! That is some thick, long hair your daughter has Sterry. What have you been putting on that scalp on hers??? Absolutely beautiful.

Hello Ladies,
Thank you for the complements,

I use Soft Sheen Carson's Break Thru about every three days
For conditiong A warm mixture of Dabur Vatika Hair Oil and Regis Hydrating Balm or Pantene Instense (Para Liso Pelo) Straight Hair this conditioner I assume is for Hispanic hair because it's wording is in Spanish.
Then I use Almond Rain Oil Mist by Dark and lovely mixed with Emu oil and olive oil. Massage into scalp and then brush down to the ends. I braid at night and tie her hair up with a silk scarf. She is 6 year old. When I braid her hair she has pieces that come out or stick through. Some parts are shorter than the other....that is in the front or edges. The Almond Rain Oil Mist I love this stuff. It even leaves my hair straighter and softer.

My eldest daughter has type 3a hair. I use the same products. She also has tons of hair. In it's natural state it is right at her waist.

sprungonhairboard you have me LOL!!