Celebrating 18 months natural and I successfully flat-ironed it!

hopeful

Hello ladies, I'm so excited. I'm celebrating my 18 month natural anniversary. My hair looked like this shortly after bc'ing on 3/21/06: I still had a few relaxed ends hanging on.

I just did my first flat iron on my natural hair and this is how it looks now, 18 months later: I cannot believe how much it has grown and I am so proud that I was able to do a good flat-iron on my natural hair. I have posted more pictures in my fotki. You can find my album in my profile, no password needed.

Last edited:

dlewis

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Hopeful.....Your hair is beautiful. It's growing so well. And you did a great job flatironing. You'll be APL within the next 6 months. Just wait and see.:yep:

NYAmicas

Seeker
Impressive growth in that amount of time and I cant believe you was able to curl it like that.:yep: I'm relaxed and struggling!

hopeful

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Hopeful.....Your hair is beautiful. It's growing so well. And you did a great job flatironing. You'll be APL within the next 6 months. Just wait and see.:yep:

Thank you DLewis! Do you really think I can make it to APL? I really hope I can, I figure I should at least be close by then :).

balisi said:
You did a great job! :yep: Beautiful hair!

Thank you so much balisi, coming from you, that is a huge compliment!

Thanks to all of you lovely ladies for your sweet comments. I am so happy! :)

hopeful

Impressive growth in that amount of time and I cant believe you was able to curl it like that.:yep: I'm relaxed and struggling!

Just keep trying. I had never been able to successfully flat-iron or curl natural hair before, but I just kept trying different techniques and products. I think I finally know what to do.

SelfStyled

I have to agree w/those before me:yep:, I was trying to think of something original to say, but it looks sooooo luscious. I want to just reach out and touch your hair,lol. Congrats on your anniversary. Your hair is looking healthy and beautiful.

Last edited: