Can you have baby hair texture agian

moore.1506

This is a theoretical question just for kicks:p but do ladies think that a baby's hair texture is due to the environment in the placenta? If that is true then could adults have their hair covered with some type of wet condition like liquid for months and revert back to a baby's hair texture? But wouldn't constant water break hair? I dunno i am just curious about a baby's hair I have searched it found some answers but what would happen if you had some sort of helmet with conditioning liquid you replaced constantly?:lol:

Dak

I thought the reason hair texture changed was due to hormones? Pregnancy adds more estrogen, many women say their hair gets thicker and softer.

Last edited:

balisi

Even if it were possible, why would an adult want baby hair? It's much too fine to do anything worthwhile. Adults with fine/thin hair often hate it.

LocksOfLuV

Dak said:
I thought the reason hair texture changed was due to hormones? Pregnancy adds more estrogen, many women say their hair gets thicker and softer.

I think she is talking about actual BABY hair. You know how baby's hair is soft and fine right after birth?

I *personally* think it has something to do with the amniotic and other fluids from inside the womb. Because for many AA baby that hair turns into it's 'true' texture in a matter of months.

I wonder what's the real reason it is that way though? That would make for an excellent scientific study and if someone found out the link and marketed it they would probably be PAID.

LocksOfLuV

senimoni said:
Its a different kind of hair..lanugo or something like that, vellus maybe.

Isn't that just the hair specifically on their bodies? Not on their head? If not, what is the point of that texture?

brittanynic16

Baby hair is the texture it is because the child has not fully developed. When we are born we're weak and then we grow strong. So does our hair.

Victorian

old head
Your hair texture changes many times throughout your life because of hormone changes as you age, including the ones on your head. So it's not really a "conditioning" issue; your follicles actually change as you get older.

So someone would have to figure out how to change people's hair follicles. Quite a feat :lol:

Amour

moore.1506 said:
This is a theoretical question just for kicks:p but do ladies think that a baby's hair texture is due to the environment in the placenta? If that is true then could adults have their hair covered with some type of wet condition like liquid for months and revert back to a baby's hair texture? But wouldn't constant water break hair? I dunno i am just curious about a baby's hair I have searched it found some answers but what would happen if you had some sort of helmet with conditioning liquid you replaced constantly?:lol:

I have no answers but :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

oh my... :lol:

brittanynic16 said:
Baby hair is the texture it is because the child has not fully developed. When we are born we're weak and then we grow strong. So does our hair.

That's what I believe also. Babies born to people of color also don't have their full color when they're born, and don't develop it for while; in some cases, years.

Dak

My mom had "baby hair" texture as a result of having a serious illness as a baby. Her hair never changed. She was never happy with her hair, she wore wigs most of the time. :(

LocksOfLuV

Dak said:
My mom had "baby hair" texture as a result of having a serious illness as a baby. Her hair never changed. She was never happy with her hair, she wore wigs most of the time. :(

How did she handle it? Was it very fine? Strong? Weak? Why didn't she like it?

Dak

She had had scarlett fever as a baby. It left the individual strands very fine, almost wispy and it was as if her hair never fully came in.

RZILYNT

Interesting question.

I have many textures in my head ( still wool in the crown area) and I have found that my new hair that is growing in around my once thinning edges is straight and fine at the temples only. It grows only to a certain length and that is it! The other hair around my edges are growing in good and can be seen to me as NG. Never remember having this fine straight hair as a young child and always wanted "baby hair" as a teen and would put tons of grease on my edges to slick em down. :lol:

My hair has evolved and is still evolving. But I do not want a finer texture of hair. My hair is already thin enough.

RZ~

longhairluva

I don't know but my mom lost all of hair when she was taking chemo and when it grew back it was "baby hair". It looked and felt just like it and it styed that way. It grew into a baby fro, very soft with little curls.