Can You help Me?

MariahB2KFan

Hey y'all! I'm relatively new here and I need help. I'm experiencing breakage and weak/split ends. I think that its due to the cold weather I've been in for field hockey. I'm outside for about 3-4 hours a day. I wear protective styles, I recently got a trim, and I moisturize my ends (with the yellow Profectiv) so what else can I do? Thanks!!
<font color="purple"> </font> <font color="purple"> </font>

northernbelle

Depending on how your hair looks and feels, you may need a deep penetrating moisturizing treatment, a deep penetrating protein treatment, or a combination of the two.

Additionally, is your hair chemically-treated, i.e. relaxed, colored, natural, pressed?

During the summer, I experienced thin ends and very parched hair, due to color highlights. Additionally, I was not caring for my hair to the degree I am caring for it at the present time. When I began to apply weekly deep penetrating moisturizing treatments, an occasional deep penetrating protein treatment, and substituted wet roller sets for blow drying and hot curling, I began to witness a noticeable improvement in the condition and appearance of my hair. So did my older brother.

So, perhaps if we have additional information, we may be able to assist you better.

By the way,welcome!

northernbelle

Kaela

Since its getting that nasty cold now, I'm trying to do regular hot oil treatments because they help me tremendously with that. I'm using warmed olive oil with castor oil. Although I have fine hair, I find that I have to use heavier products to prevent dryness in the winter. I think Shea butter is awesome for protecting ends.

Do you treat your hair with anything before you have practice? Whats your typical weekly hair routine like?

edited to add: perhaps before you train you could smooth a little bit of protectant on your ends, and lightly spritz all of your hair with a leave in conditioner, like infusium23 or your fave...

MariahB2KFan

My routine is to wash and condition 2x per week (my shampoos vary but i use Aussie Moist and Herbal Essences Conditioner). I don't blow dry or press my hair but I am a relaxed girl. My last touch up and trim was 2 weeks ago. For oil I use Kemi-Oyl and (i put it on when my hair is wet) and sometimes I use Infusium 23 leave in. Let's see what else....um I do a hot oil treatment once or twice a month and I deep condtion once a week. I use profectiv on the ends as stated before.

I can't do my hair before practice since its right after school. So from 5:30am to 6:30pm I can't really help my hair because I'm in a cold school or out in cold weather.

Tracy

Try losing the Infusium for a while - I love the stuff but too much for too long can mean too many little hairs on the sink for some.

Try another leave in for a while and see what happens. Quite a bit of protein in Infusium. It can make the hair a tad brittle on some after prolonged use.

Kaela

You know what you could try? Go to like Kmart or the grocery store, and you know how they have those little mini travel size empty bottles? (they have them at sallys too). You could keep a little bit of your protectants (a little spritz bottle of leave-in, a mini pot of protectant or shea) either in your purse or gym bag? Then you'd have them right there with you.
I travel frequently for my job, and I LOVE the mini bottles. I have a 'mini' prepared of all my favorites so my luggage can hold clothes and not bottles.

What do you use for hot oil? Do you have a protein conditioner?