Can you moisturize your hair with twists in?

soslychic

I've seen some beautiful 2 strand twists on you natural ladies. I was wondering, are you able to moisturize your hair WHILE the twists are in? I'm in the habit of moisturizing my hair everyday and it's kept it really healthy so I was wondering if there was any way to do this without messing up the twists style. Also, how long does this style usually last you? And does anyone have step by step instructions as to how they do them? What product do you use for hold (a twist butter)? How long does it usually take?

yes you can moisturize your two strand twist, which I do. I usually rub the product in my hairs to warm it up and then rub it in. My twist usually last 2 weeks. I don't like them to look really "fuzzy" so they could last another week. After two weeks, I wear them "twisted out" for another week then I get them retwisted. I use Carol's Daughter Mimosa Honey to twist them or Dark N' Lovely Natural twist butter. Depending on your length it can take 1 to 2 hours. I get them done professionally (when I am lazy! :) and it take my hairdresser about one hour or if I do them myself it take a little longer.

Thanks Happy2bnappy! What do you use to moisturize? And which product is your favorite of the dark n lovely or the cd honey? Those are actually the two I was eyeing as well.

I love both products actually, but I was on a stranded island, I would pick Carol's Daugther!
smile.gif
I also use CD's milk to moisturize my hair. I just recently purchased Dark N' Lovely's newest product in the natural haircare line called "Honey Glaze"...so I am testing that out now!

I was also gonna suggest that you could moisturize them Robin's way of moisturizing braids. Dip the corner of a towel in an oil moisturizer or an oil/water mixture and then hold each twist in the towel and squeeze à la this video demo. (Courtesy of www.growafrohairlong.com )

I usually spray on a moisturizer or pat humectress into my twists. It is just like moisturizing braids.

Back