Can you relax the day after you co-wash??

LadyJ76

Hey Ladies,

I have been trying to get in w/ my stylist to correct my underprocessed relaxer which was done 5 weeks ago. I'd been trying to get to the 7 wk mark, but I'm just losing too much hair. I just found out that I can get in tomorrow for a cancellation, but unfortunately I already co-washed this morning :nono:. Am I in trouble, can you relax the day after you co-wash? I really need this corrective done.

I had started a similar thread and the consensus was "no" because your pores are still open, this is what alot of the posters said. But a couple chimed in and said that they co-washed the day before a relaxer and had no problems. Did scrub your scalp pretty hard? PLUS, you have to consider the previous 3 days and assess how you handled your scalp, not just the day before the relaxer.

Yeah, I can understand that. Well, to tell you the truth , I actually didn't scrub my scalp at all today, just rinsed it, used some Porosity Control, rinsed that out and used some Kenra MC, rinsed and then used my normal leave-in and sealed with Vatika oil. I haven't really been manipulating my scalp, mostly because it's hard to get to w/the underprocessed hair and new growth in there. I'm gonna have to take my chances, and just grease my scalp 2x today. Wish me luck.

Well,

Last week I did a clarify, and protein treatment on Saturday and relaxed on Sunday. I have no scalp irritation and adverse effects. Good luck.

i used to burn all the time, but i experimented and started using SAA on my scalp pre-relaxer. works like a charm.

Back