can you texturize and still have relaxed ends?

jodydreams

i know this might be a dumb question but i really want to know. i see a lot of you ladies have decided to texturize but i believe all of you did the big chop before? or after? you texturized...i want to texturize my hair but keep my relaxed ends until i reach my desired length. so can i do that and still wear my hair out (braid out maybe?)? because im kinda tired of doing protective styles (wearing a weave/braid in front duo right now) and i want to start washing my hair 2x week. i have 4b hair. can i do that or should i just texturize and go back to protective?
all comments and advice welcome. thanks ladies.

dreams

SNyeema

Hmm, the comment about 4b hair has me wondering about even texturizing in the first place.

In my readings, 4b has no curl pattern at all. Just sheen and soft like cotton. Technically, texturizing relaxes the existing curl you have. If 4b tends to have no curl from the start, then you may not achieve a more "relaxed" curl later. You'll just have softer, easier to manage hair (which frankly, you can achieve with certain hair care products).

I think texturizing your 4b hair will make you slightly relaxed (as opposed to bone straight). If that's NOT the look you're trying to achieve, then texturizing is not the way to go. Unless you have 4A or 3 hair.

Not here to harm, just want to put a thought in your head.

HTH