Can you use a light conditioner as a leave in?

gvsugirl

I may be wrong, but I swore i heard someone say how they put regular rinse out conditioner in their hair as a creamy leave in. If you do this, do you use anything else with it or just the conditioner alone? And does it leave a film on the hair? I just have all these light condtioners that I dont use (Pantene Smooth and Sleek, Tresemme', Suave)....

adrienne0914

i've used the Elucence as a leave-in. i don't add anything to it. some people add a little water so it's easier to smooth on. i i think most non-protein conditioners can be used this way.

adrienne

sweetcocoa

Yes. I've even added a very small amount of a heavy one...to dripping wet hair...the water helped to dillute it. But I wouldn't reccomend it(the heavy one)...just a tiny amount too much would have been disaster...

Allandra

Yes you can. I use Elucence as a leave-in conditioner without adding anything to it at all. Then again, on the bottle it indicates it can be used as a leave-in conditioner as well as a rinse out conditioner. Others use conditioners that are rinse out conditioners as leave-in conditioners. I've even done that myself with Pantene Smooth & Sleek conditioner. /images/graemlins/smile.gif HTH.