Regular Conditioner as a leave in?

BrockStar

So yesterday I was hanging around my house and had company over and instead of washing out my Pantene for Curly hair conditioner, I left it in and as it dried, my curls were super defined and soft and bouncy...Do you all think it's ok to use a regular conditioner as a leave in? If so should you may use just a little or as much as usual? Maybe dilute it and mix it with water? Let me know :drunk:

I've been doing it recently and I love it. Since I'm a new mommy I don't have much time for my hair so I keep things as simple as possible. I just wet it in the shower, add a little regular conditioner, comb it through and put it in a ponytail. My hair stays super soft and detangled.

I've been thinking about this rencently. Years back when my hair was a fairly nice length and healthy this is what I was doing. I would condition with the LeKair cholesterol and when I did my second rinse, I would rinse lightly leaving some in. I would then wrap my hair w/o any other products. It felt really good and I retained good length until I went the lazy pony tail route and my hair broke off. I think I will try this again when I'm done with braids. Or maybe even now I could probably dilute some and spray as a leave in. :think:

My daughter is a natural with type 3 hair and I do this all the time for her. I have been doing this for years and it works beautifully for her hair. I have even done it on my own hair and I love the effect. If you are worried about build-up, you can always clarify. I only do this with moisturizing conditioners. I would never do this with a protein conditioner because of the potential for the hair to become brittle.

This has been my latest hair revelation, it's revolutionized my hair journey. I just started doing this and I absolutely love it, it works great.

Aww wow thanks for the responses ladies. I thought I was doing something "bad" lol. Yeah I figured small amounts would be best and to answer the last question, I do it on my wet hair and comb it through, but seriously it feels amazing and surprisingly not heavy at all. I usually need a dallop of miss jessie's or something extra, but I didn't add anything and it looks just like normal, but softer!

This thought has been on my mind for quite some time. I'm wondering if this will work with conditioners that don't work well as a deep conditioner.

I know which ones work best for me and which ones don't, so I was thinking about using them for other purposes such as conditioning washes, leave in, shave my legs and arms, or mix a little with pomade or other conditioners.

Last edited:
Back