Can you use Loreal Vive Serum on dry hair?

jaibee

I used it on my hair for the first time last night before i sat under the dryer with my rollerset and my hair came out nice. I didn't have that yucky coated feeling that I get with some serums. The directions say use on damp hair but does anyone use it on dry hair? Thanks.

Thanks Allandra, I want to try a small amount on dry hair for moisture. I was using Keracare essential oils, but it made my face break out BAD.

[ QUOTE ]
jaibee said:
Thanks Allandra, I want to try a small amount on dry hair for moisture. I was using Keracare essential oils, but it made my face break out BAD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear that Jaibee. It seems like it would make a good sealant for the ends also.

yeah it is a good end sealant but i started getting all of these pimples on my face where my hair touched it, so it looks like i will not be able to use it, it is hard enough as it is to keep my skin clear

A girl has got to do what a girl has got to do!
smile.gif

I LOVE this serum! No lie, I'm on my 10th bottle of this. I've been using it since last year. I use my Pantene spray and comb through and then the serum everyday after I wash. I use just the serum when I rollerset though and my hair 1. dries faster and 2. is soooo bouncy.
smile.gif

I noticed my rollerset is very bouncy today. I used this and wrap'n tap'n setting lotion (y'all remember this? my stylist used to use it and my hair would come out great and i have said that i'm trying to go back to basics). i thought it was the wrapn tapn but it might have been the serum. Lili do you saturate your hair with the serum or use a few pumps like the instructions say? I used like 3 or four pumps but i think my hair can withstand a little more.

Yes, that's it and I feel that that is why my hair comes out so light and bouncy. I haven't done a rollerset since re-introducing Pantene Light Spray in my detangling routine so I am going to try the Serum with that (just because the Pantene makes combing effortless) and see if I get the same results. I think that I will because the Pantene is very very light and doesn't wear my hair down at all.

You should just try it without the Wrap'n tap'n and see how it comes out. I used to use that a long time ago too for my wraps and my hair came out semi-bouncy but never felt light. What I do is put two to three pumps on each section that I comb out. And I usually detangle my hair in about 12 sections (6 on each side of my head). I know that seems like alot but this serum has not added any weight or greasy feeling (despite the way it feels when you are putting it on) to my hair. Only bouncy, light hair once I am done under the dryer. And my rollersets are not the "average" rollersets. I am challenged when I comes to rollersetting so I have to put my hair in little ponytails and then roll my hair. So I can just imagine how much more beautiful it would be with someone who know how do rollerset like they do in the salons. If you try it alone let me know how it works out. I'm sure you will be even happier with the results.
smile.gif

Back