Canada banning South Asian International students

larry3344

Hey ladies,

I wasn’t sure where to fit this thread but I felt it fit best here.

Canada has been experiencing an uptick of South Asian immigration in the last 5-10 years and with the recent issues with the economy and cost of housing there has been an uptick of anti-south Asian sentiment as of late. It’s a big national issue, largely because Canadian immigration has been prioritizing their immigration so much so that they are the largest group immigrating in the country particularly from the state of Punjab. They have a particular city where they are know to be largest minority- Brampton but have increased in significant number across the entire country. They have a bad reputation for creative ethnic enclaves, refusal to assimilate and an uptick of fraudulent behaviour; car theft, insurance scams, rental scams, etc…

For my American ladies…I was wondering if you ladies have noticed an increase of immigration from South Asia - given the bad press they are getting in Canada and if their behaviour has been antagonistic as their numbers have increased. In addition, how has that affected the black American community. I know that in America they are largely considered to be a “model minority” and for a long time they were also in Canada, but that sentiment has largely changed.

Curious to see what the climate is in the USA.

Ivonnovi

Hmm, I'm surprised that folks from India are being rejected, but then I see they are behaving in the same manors typically associated with young underemployed minorities.
Interesting!

Theresamonet

I’m not aware of this in the US with South Asians. But we are literally having a full blown migrant crisis in Chicago right now, with Venezuelan “asylum seekers” coming into the city by the bus loads. We’ve gotten around 35,000 since 2022. Our last mayor declared us a Sanctuary City and it’s been chaos ever since. Many of the same things you’re describing are happening: uptick in car thefts, street prostitution, grocery delivery scams, knife fights in the streets, etc. They are also commandeering neighborhoods that are majority black. While Chicago is typically an immigrant and Hispanic friendly city, things are growing increasingly hostile towards that demographic. It’s becoming a migrants vs everybody situation— but especially blacks.

nysister

Hey ladies,

Canada has been experiencing an uptick of South Asian immigration in the last 5-10 years and with the recent issues with the economy and cost of housing there has been an uptick of anti-south Asian sentiment as of late. It’s a big national issue, largely because Canadian immigration has been prioritizing their immigration so much so that they are the largest group immigrating in the country particularly from the state of Punjab. They have a particular city where they are know to be largest minority- Brampton but have increased in significant number across the entire country. They have a bad reputation for creative ethnic enclaves, refusal to assimilate and an uptick of fraudulent behaviour; car theft, insurance scams, rental scams, etc…

For my American ladies…I was wondering if you ladies have noticed an increase of immigration from South Asia - given the bad press they are getting in Canada and if their behaviour has been antagonistic as their numbers have increased. In addition, how has that affected the black American community. I know that in America they are largely considered to be a “model minority” and for a long time they were also in Canada, but that sentiment has largely changed.

They often get a lot of the good tech jobs where they look for minorities, and then hire each other. Often called the "Mumbai Mafia".

Shula

It’s becoming a migrants vs everybody situation— but especially blacks.

For the life of me, I cannot understand how the world was colonized and no one suffered or lost more than us, but somehow we are always treated as the bad guy, even by minorities who have also been colonized. Why? It’s like they did the most horrible thing you can do to another human being, then waved a wand, and put everyone under a spell that made them believe that we are the perps. It makes no sense to me at all. Literally every group feels almost entitled to mistreat us.

dancinstallion

Hey ladies,

The Indians have Vancouver on lock. There were 3 separate Indian weddings in Cancun last year and they all were from Vancouver. Surprisingly they didnt know eachother. I met the bride from one group and Groom from another and they didn't know eachother. We changed resorts and there was another wedding.

One of the guys said they don't mess with white Canadians because they were a little racist when they first came to the area. Now they have such a large population there that they only deal with eachother.

In Houston they have a few cheating schemes in the medical field that helps people pass their state board for a license. They also look down on staff who dont have a bachelor's. They love throwing their titles around.

Ivonnovi

For the life of me, I cannot understand how the world was colonized and no one suffered or lost more than us, but somehow we are always treated as the bad guy, even by minorities who have also been colonized. Why? It’s like they did the most horrible thing you can do to another human being, then waved a wand, and put everyone under a spell that made them believe that we are the perps. It makes no sense to me at all. Literally every group feels almost entitled to mistreat us.
It's because on a scale of White-to-Black; where the closer to YT you are/appear[the better you have it] ..."We", my friend are the ultimate "Other". [Became we're on the opposite end]

Loosely paraphrased from Dr. Robin DiAngelo in this Video:

Last edited:

Ganjababy

The mass killing of a Sri Lankan family by a Sri Lankan student in Ottawa will not help their cause.

There has been an influx of Indian students in my town which is 2.5 hours from Brampton. The towns folks are complaining to the CEO of my company (who are the biggest employers of these students). The young women in my town are drawn to the males like flies to fresh, new meat.

They are also young, fresh off the boat and though they have their own history of prejudice and caste system in their country I have not experienced any issues from them. I find them respectful. Most of them are naive. When elderly dementia patients call them paki and black bastards they don’t seem to get it, not yet. They are starting to realize what racism feels like.

I had to let one RN go because I suspect she obtained her educational qualifications through fraud. But that was the first case I came across. Most seem genuine.