CANDY RECALL!!!! Please read.

tenjoy

Wrong Forum I know, but I needed to post where most folk lurk.

Pirates Gold Chocolate Coins have been recalled because they contain melamine. The chemical responisble for the tainted baby milk in China.

They are imported from china ( of course). Sold by COSTCO in bulk and in Dollar stores. Which means local stores may carry it and some folks may have bought it for Halloween give-a-ways.

more info from snopes.com/food/warnings/coins

LadyPaniolo

Wow, Tenjoy, you are really taking the initiative to help us all protect our babies this Halloween. :clap: Good for you. I had read about this recall already, but others might have missed it.

It's a shame, too, as those gelt candies are my all-time fave. I surely would have fed them to my daughter if I hadn't found this out. :nono:

tenjoy

Wow, Tenjoy, you are really taking the initiative to help us all protect our babies this Halloween. :clap: Good for you. I had read about this recall already, but others might have missed it.

It's a shame, too, as those gelt candies are my all-time fave. I surely would have fed them to my daughter if I hadn't found this out. :nono:

I love those bite size thingys too :nono:. Perfect size.

likewtr4chklit

What the hell is up with this contamination epidemic in China? It's really scary!! They're selling diseased beef, poisoned baby formula, making ponytail holders out of used condoms, killin' folks by not covering thier mouths, and now they fckn up Halloween?????

Eisani

What the hell is up with this contamination epidemic in China? It's really scary!! They're selling diseased beef, poisoned baby formula, making ponytail holders out of used condoms, killin' folks by not covering thier mouths, and now they fckn up Halloween?????

I'm telling yall, we get what we pay for. The US is so quick to try to save a buck and use these places that provide cheap labor and supplies and this is what happens... I've been saying for a long time I'm so sick of seeing made in China (and other places) on stuff. Hell, you can't even buy an American flag w/o it being made in China. Bad as people around here need jobs...don't get me started!

Forever in Bloom

My mom is planning out giving candy, even though most of the people in our neighborhood are over 60 :look: I told her she should just stick with lollipops or some type of chewy candy and NO CHOCOLATE just in case. Snickers (Mars) and Hershey's should be safe since they're made here.

camilla

I'm telling yall, we get what we pay for. The US is so quick to try to save a buck and use these places that provide cheap labor and supplies and this is what happens... I've been saying for a long time I'm so sick of seeing made in China (and other places) on stuff. Hell, you can't even buy an American flag w/o it being made in China. Bad as people around here need jobs...don't get me started!

last year (when they tried to kill us) WHEN THEY MADE ALL THE LEAD TOYS AND THAT FLOAM THAT MY SON BEGGED FOR THAT THEY WERE SELLING ON TV THAT WAS MADE OUT OF LIQUID X AND THOSE DAMN CONDOM HAIR TIES THEY ARE OUT OF CONTROL I AM CONVINCED IT IS ON PURPOSE:swearing:WHO KNOWS WHAT IS IN THE DAMN CHINESE FOOD :hot: ITS A RAP FOR ME I TRIED TO BUY AMERICAN MADE TOYS FOR MY KIDS WHO KNEW THERE ARE NONE PLAYSCHOOL CHINA,FISHER PRICE CHINA EVEN IF IT IS ASSEMBLED IN AMERICA THE TAINTED PARTS ARE MADE IN CHINA
WE NEED TO STOP DEPENDING ON OTHER COUNTRIES SO MUCH FOR IMPORTS. IF THERE IS EVER A WORLD WAR ALL THEY WOULD HAVE TO DO IS TAINT ALL THE FOOD THAT IS IMPORTED :sad: I WOULD RATHER
PAY MORE MONEY FOR AMERICAN MADE AFTER THE ECOMOMY GETS BETTER THAT IS....:lachen:

Iluvsmuhgrass

Thanks for the heads up. I'm definitely going to tell folks.

Used condoms in hairties??? WHAT?!?!?! :perplexed What in the everloving heck??? Wow.

TaurusAngel

Ya'll know we owe em billions on top of billions, so sad to say, but nothing will be done about it. I doubt you can buy anything American made anymore.