Can't get my kitchen

jellynote

Can\'t get my kitchen

to lay down. I use WGO, Surge and my oil mixture, but nothing seems to help. What do some of you ladies do to help lay the kitchen down? I even tie my hair with a satin or silk scarf at night and that doesn't help /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Help me please help me I don't know what to do! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Re: Can\'t get my kitchen

Why don't you try using something besides oil? Try something like Let's Jam or Elasta QP Glaze.

Beverly Johnson's creme for edges is extraordinary. (That's not the exact name of the product, but there are threads about it on LHCF.)

Apply it before bed when you brush your edges the way you want them to stay. Then tie your scarf to restrain the hair and to trap your body heat. In the morning, the edges will hold. The hold lasts all day, and there's not much buildup.

how are you wearing your hair? how long is it!?

in a pony i usually spray it w/a leave in and then apply oil and brush it in the direction i need it to lay in...

Ummm.. what part of someone's hair is called "kitchen" and why is it called that?

Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
Ummm.. what part of someone's hair is called "kitchen" and why is it called that?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

where I am from well call it that, but it's the nape area.

[ QUOTE ]
how are you wearing your hair? how long is it!?

in a pony i usually spray it w/a leave in and then apply oil and brush it in the direction i need it to lay in...

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually wear my hair in a ponytail, phonytail, assisted bun or a fake bun. My hair is a little past my shoulders.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

where I am from well call it that, but it's the nape area.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.. why is it called that? I've never heard of that before..

The only thing that lays my kitchen down good is some Elasta QP Mango butter! Have you tried using that?

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing that lays my kitchen down good is some Elasta QP Mango butter! Have you tried using that?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes I have and it didn't work. I'll just go back to using gel and tying my hair in the back for 15 mins. before I leave the house.

Applying a tiny bit of Kemi Shea Butter pomade while hair is wet and letting air dry might help - it worked for me. Give it a try, can't hurt!

[ QUOTE ]
Applying a tiny bit of Kemi Shea Butter pomade while hair is wet and letting air dry might help - it worked for me. Give it a try, can't hurt!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! Can I get this online? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Beverly Johnson's creme for edges is extraordinary. (That's not the exact name of the product, but there are threads about it on LHCF.)

Apply it before bed when you brush your edges the way you want them to stay. Then tie your scarf to restrain the hair and to trap your body heat. In the morning, the edges will hold. The hold lasts all day, and there's not much buildup.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have this Hairline Creme which works very well and is moisturizing. I don't use it that often though for my nape area. I keep my nape in two braids which is hidden by my hair. I haven't relaxed the roots since early this year as a kind of "challenge" so I can grow it out. It's growing along nicely too.

Back