Can't get my natural hair to curl back

Manishca

I washed my hair after about a week of having it straighten by the salon and I noticed that some parts of my hair refuses to go back curly. I am also seeing some breakage in the areas whre my hair is straight. I think the hair dresser damaged my hair. Can anyone help... before I decided to cut it really short or go and put a perm ;(

BostonMaria

Don't cut it yet or put a perm in it. Do you have Aphogee? You can do an aphogee treatment and then do a few weeks of deep conditioning your hair 1-2x a week to see if your hair reverts.

How do you normally wear your hair? If its curly then I can see why you'd be willing to cut it all. Are you sure you'd want to put a perm in it?

Manishca

no i don't have aphogee i have Shea Moisture deep treatment masque but i am willing to do anything at the moment to get it back curly. I ussually wear it curly.

PAgirl

I would protective style for a month and keep your hair moisturized. If you continue manipulating it the breakage will get worse.

Mz.MoMo5235

you have heat damage honey.

best thing to do is protein followed by A LOT of moisture on a weekly basis. also you have to be very patient. when i got heat damage it took almost 3 mos before my curl returned to normal and even then i had to wait for some parts to grow out like a perm cause it never curled again.

Mz.MoMo5235

thanks for the advice do you recommend cowashing everyday

no... that will be too much manipulation. 1-2x a wk and then leave your hair alone or it will keep breaking

also, how does your hair feel? is it hard and crunchy, dry, mooshie, or does it feel normal?

Manishca

sorry i went to wash my hair it felt hard i washed it with a protein conditioner and then i put curly kinky moisturizing gel in it

BananaClipQueen

The stylist did not neccessarily damage your hair. This is the risk you take any time you use heat on your hair. There is no guarantee that your hair revert back. Also do not cut yet! Your may revert back. Sometimes it takes months. Just be patient with it.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

lettieg27

Try incorporating cermide products in your reggie such as grapeseed oil or wheat germ oil. These oils help with damage and making you hair act like normal so these will definitely help you be able to train some of your hair to curl back.

hothair

Do a strong protein treatment Aphogee two step is good follow up with good moisturising DCs

Mrs. Verde

I agree you have heat damage. I agree protein then a moisturizing DC. The Kinky Curly is not enough. I personally did not like the Shea Moisture DC.

Amazhaan

This happened to me too, OP... So I understand how you feel.

It is going to take some type to get "some curl" back, so please be mindful of that.

What worked for me was using Joico K-Pak Reconstructor (protein treatment) and Aubrey Organics HSR as a deep conditioner/cowash 2-3 times a week.

I love Shea Moisture products---but not as a DC...

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App