Cantu Cancelled

Lucky me

Have you heard they added rubbing alcohol to the repair leave in cream? There's videos all over YouTube. In one video a Cantu rep responded in the comments . Thankfully I've never used Cantu in my natural hair. Cheap products are cheap for a reason.

Evolving78

I don’t care for any of their products, but that ingredient was put that as a dissolver. So it’s not necessary a bad thing to use, depending on the concentration of it. If it works for someone, they should continue to use it. For myself, those products are crappy and full of wax and fillers anyway.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Never used their products. I have heard mixed reviews, so I have been hesitant in trying it. I agree with @shortdub78 that it depends on the concentration. I'm still not interested in their products.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I used Cantu early on in my natural hair journey but quickly stopped using it. Yes it was cheap but I always got flakes and I had to do my hair every day. I now use better quality products and have zero flakes and multiple day hair. So this is not a loss for me.

momi

My youngest loves Cantu products. I refused to buy them but she spent her own money and bought them herself. Now I'm mad because now she is doing wash and go's and twist outs that she couldn't do with the expensive "all natural" stuff I was buying. Humph.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Love the root rinse when I had my crochets in. I had some other Cantu products but they were unimpressive. They didn’t appear to hurt my hair but they didn’t help either.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I did enjoy using their root rinse this summer when I had braids for a quick second :look:
Love the root rinse when I had my crochets in. I had some other Cantu products but they were unimpressive. They didn’t appear to hurt my hair but they didn’t help either.
I like the new Apple Cider Rinse they have. It worked better on my scalp than head and shoulders. But that's all I've ever tried. They put too much glycerin in their products for my hair.
I am shocked they actually made that rinse. If I ever do long-term braids w/o extensions, I will try it.

momi

My youngest loves Cantu products. I refused to buy them but she spent her own money and bought them herself. Now I'm mad because now she is doing wash and go's and twist outs that she couldn't do with the expensive "all natural" stuff I was buying. Humph.

Update:

My baby’s hair dried out like winter straw after a few days of Cantu.

Honey Bee

It's not a black company. When I was transitioning, I bought some widely-touted product of theirs, maybe a leave in, but I quickly re gifted it.