Carol's Daughter Mimosa Honey

CutiePie0Five

Hi everyone,

I went into a Sephora today because I saw they were selling Carol's Daughter products...I've read up about them but hadn't purchased anything because I wanted to see and feel the products for myself. So anywhoz, I bought the 4 oz. bottle of the Mimosa Honey. I was comtemplating between that and the Healthy Hair Butter, but I liked the way the Mimosa Honey felt. When I rubbed some into my hand, it seemed very moisturizing, so I hope it works.

Has anyone tried it and liked or disliked it? Why/why not? Also, how do you use it? Does it work better for you on wet or dry hair? I'm planning on using it when I wash my hair this weekend, so I need some tips on how to use it.

Thanks ladies!

I have not tried the mimosa because I don't know what it's for! Heehee. It looks and feels like grease to me.

I use the Healthy Hair butter. I looove it. So moisturizing and thick. Perfect for leave in moisture after washing. And only a LITTLE is needed. Too much weighs it down, but at least you will have super soft, frizz free, well-moisturized hair.

I also LOOVE the hair milk for daily moisture. Same as the hair butter but creamier and lighter. Only have to use a little of that too. I've been using the same (big) bottle for two months and it's only half empty. My hair butter has been around since april and there's a little less than half of that left as well.

Let me know how you like the mimosa and what you do with it.

Chime in ladies, I'm a total PJ and I would love to try this out if anyone has any good uses for it.

I had a 2oz jar of the mimosa for a looong time-I was half way through it when I decided to just give it away. I did not find that I used it that often. it works better for just straight shine for me-and yes, it is like grease consistency. I liked the smell and the fact that it imparted shine, but I found I needed something thicker (like shea butter) for my hair for everyday styling.

Haven't used the mimosa but have used (and still use) the healthy hair butter which i love. and a little does go a long way.

I haven't tried her hair products outside of the Tui Oil. I got the oil based on the LHCF recommendation. The members were right, Tui oil is good for scenting you hair but not for shine. Thanks for starting this thread.

I use it and I love it. It does give a nice shine. I even use it in my daughter's hair. I love the smell and the consistency is very light. You need very little so it lasts a long time.

I've used it on and off for five yeas. It fine but I don't like it any better than Organic Root Stimulator Lock and twist gel...

I use it mainly for shine and the scent, it wasn't very moisturizing for my 4a hair. For moisture, I would definitely recommend her Healthy Hair Butter, my hair was so soft...watch out for the scent though, some people love it (me!) while others can't stand it.

Thanks ladies!

darnit..lol maybe I shouldve gotten the Healthy Hair Butter. I think I'll use the Mimosa Honey for my roots in front and at my nape cuz the new growth there sometimes looks dry, and I need something to kinda smooth it out.

I LOOOOVE Mimosa Hair Honey! The smell is yummy and it lasts a long time BUT I use it WITH the Healthy Hair Butter.....I use HHB first for moisture/condition and then use the Hair Honey to seal and for shine...the combo is wonderful! I do that all throughout my hair when I first wash (after my leave-in & detangler) and then I use additional Hair Honey throughout the week to help slick edges and my kitchen. I use both for bunning and for twist outs...works well :D The only other product I need to get me through the week is a little castor oil to keep my edges thick. HTH

My advice: Keep the Mimosa...but go by the HHB too....

I plan to try the Hair Milk and Margurites Magic as well...Carols Daughter makes my hair happy :)

I love me some Mimosa Hair Honey! It smells sooo good! I only have to use a little bit to get my hair moisturized too. My only problem is that it costs $9.50, which is a little much. But, it definitely is a keeper!

At first I didn't like the Mimosa Hair Honey. But I tried it again this morning before class and I like it now. The key is to use a VERY small amount.

natstar said:
I had a 2oz jar of the mimosa for a looong time-I was half way through it when I decided to just give it away. I did not find that I used it that often. it works better for just straight shine for me-and yes, it is like grease consistency. I liked the smell and the fact that it imparted shine, but I found I needed something thicker (like shea butter) for my hair for everyday styling.

same here, except I still have my jar

Back