Carol's Daughter products?

Kath_Goddess

Hello Ladies!

I'm a newbie here on the board. I currently have bra strap length hair and am going for mid back length. A friend of mine told me about Carol's Daughter products and how good they are. Now I'm not one to put just anything in my hair, so I thought I'd ask about them here.

Has anyone here tried Carol's Daughter hair products? Are they any good? If so, which products would you recommend? I have a dry scalp problem and also a tendency for splits ends.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lucky's Mom

Hello Ladies!

I'm a newbie here on the board. I currently have bra strap length hair and am going for mid back length. A friend of mine told me about Carol's Daughter products and how good they are. Now I'm not one to put just anything in my hair, so I thought I'd ask about them here.

Has anyone here tried Carol's Daughter hair products? Are they any good? If so, which products would you recommend? I have a dry scalp problem and also a tendency for splits ends.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMO - they are overpriced - and not as natural as they claim.
I can't reccomend them.............
There are other companies MUCH better.........

www.oyinhandmade.com

www.myhoneychild.com

www.Qhemetbiologics.com

Qetesh

I have some carol daughters products, what hair type are you?

Honestly i am 3c and the things i have to me don't do anything spectacular. they are nice but in some ways overpriced. but if you want to help out and feel a part of something AA, or (mixed) its not a bad product.

SimpleKomplexity

Too expensive for my taste. I was having a serious problem last year because my hair was shedding like crazy. I was 9 weeks post so I guess it was time for a perm, and I couldn't deal witht he new growth. I used the Hair Butter on my hair and all the tangles faded away. It left my hair very soft, and it smells okay to me...a little to flowery though. I like it, but I do not like the price. Other things work just as well. I think it's a great product for natural hair though

shelly25

I agree w/ everyone about it being a little on the expensive side.
I tried the Healthy Hair Butter and the Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner. Neither of them did anything for my hair. I did want to try some of the other hair products, but I don't think I will b/c I don't want to feel like I wasted my money on stuff that don't work.

Lucky's Mom

I agree w/ everyone about it being a little on the expensive side.
I tried the Healthy Hair Butter and the Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner. Neither of them did anything for my hair. I did want to try some of the other hair products, but I don't think I will b/c I don't want to feel like I wasted my money on stuff that don't work.

I would presume that is the issue. With the expense of the product - there is nothing special about it. I found that the conditioners were just heavy - with no slip or real change in my hair condition before I jumped in the shower.

The other issue for me was the extreme fragrance of the product. It is too flowery and overpowering.

the Hair Milk was too greasy - although it defined my hair - My shirt was destroyed.

Lastly - It seems that the formulations depend heavily on Corn oil. Ugh.

Does not work for me - and this oil isnot as rich in nutients as other oils ( olive, Grapeseed, jojoba, etc) - It is a cheap oil, and what is the point if you are paying 16 bucks for a small jar? No thanks - I will take a bottle of italian EVOO......

the Shampoo - is Castile - and I make my own for WAAAAY less than 12 bucks a bottle.
:nono:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Too expensive and did nothing for my relaxed hair or my dd's natural hair. There are other natural product lines that are cheaper and have WAAAAAY better quality. Get you some Qhemet Biologics, girl! :D

Kath_Goddess

I have some carol daughters products, what hair type are you?

Honestly i am 3c and the things i have to me don't do anything spectacular. they are nice but in some ways overpriced. but if you want to help out and feel a part of something AA, or (mixed) its not a bad product.

I have relaxed hair. But it seems from the comments that it isn't a worthwhile product...

tapioca_pudding

• Hair Milk - I've used this a couple times on wet hair. It wasn't too bad; I like the consistancy for the most part. I have yet to use it for a wash-and-go to see if it helps defines my curls. All in all I'm not thrilled with the product; I can take it or leave it.
  • Healthy Hair Butter - This makes my hair pretty soft and easy to manage. But I pretty much like Elasta QP Mango Butter alot better. :look:
  • Black Vanilla Leave In - I go either way on this product. I've used it twice and had awesome results, but I've also used it two other tims and friggin hated my hair. So I dunno. The vanilla scent can be a lil overpowering, too.
  • Hair Balm - I like this product the best out of all four that I have. The smell is overpowering sometimes, but it dies down. It adds a nice sheen to my hair and isn't TOO greasy, as long as I don't use a whole lot. I've used it to seal my moisturizer in and I like the results. The only drawback is the smell. It doesn't stink, it's just stronger than I care for.
All in all I agree with the other ladies - there are much better products out there for much less. :nono: I think CD is mostly hype, complete with celebrity spokesperson and all.

HTH...:)

Lucky's Mom

• Hair Milk - I've used this a couple times on wet hair. It wasn't too bad; I like the consistancy for the most part. I have yet to use it for a wash-and-go to see if it helps defines my curls. All in all I'm not thrilled with the product; I can take it or leave it.
  • Healthy Hair Butter - This makes my hair pretty soft and easy to manage. But I pretty much like Elasta QP Mango Butter alot better. :look:
  • Black Vanilla Leave In - I go either way on this product. I've used it twice and had awesome results, but I've also used it two other tims and friggin hated my hair. So I dunno. The vanilla scent can be a lil overpowering, too.
  • Hair Balm - I like this product the best out of all four that I have. The smell is overpowering sometimes, but it dies down. It adds a nice sheen to my hair and isn't TOO greasy, as long as I don't use a whole lot. I've used it to seal my moisturizer in and I like the results. The only drawback is the smell. It doesn't stink, it's just stronger than I care for.
All in all I agree with the other ladies - there are much better products out there for much less. :nono: I think CD is mostly hype, complete with celebrity spokesperson and all.

Amen to that...........................

MissRissa

I have texlaxed hair that I wear curly 80% of the time. I bought ALOT of her stuff (prior to me joining the board and learning alot of stuff). I bought at least 8 items and the only thing i like is the hair milk. After i used the conditioners, I had to go break out my redken and recondition.

GoldenBreeze

I have natural hair, and have used:

HHB: It was okay. My hair was soft and moisturized, but a bit too oily.

HM: I tried it twice. The first bottle was nice, but the second was too old, and had an odd oder.

Hair Elixer: This is the one I liked the best. I only used a small amount on my scalp after co-washes. I like the tingle from the peppermint EO, but it is just as easy to purchase other pure oils and add peppermint EO to them yourself.

Like other ladies, I expected more for the price.

Qualitee

Hey welcome..Um carol's daughter has good natural products. I like the lisa's hair elixir for my hot oil treatment. Healthy hair butter is good too but I stopped using it because it had bees wax in it and it dried out my hair. HTH

discobiscuits

i just won't post on hair topics when samanthajones67 does cause she said it all - again - before i did. LOL :yep: :yep:

i only use the Tui Hair Oil now. I did not like any of the other items I tried. Thankfully I bought them from Sephora and they will accept returns on anything. Period.

I will say I'm 50/50 on the Healthy Hair Butter. That one I may buy/try again. I think the scents get me more than anything. Over all I don't like Carol's Daughter Products.

Last edited:

Tee

I agree to the bold. The products are ok at best. I used the same products above minus the Leave-In. I also used the lisa's hair elixir. I did like this one.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I hate everything they make for the hair, I tried their healthy hair butter it smelled like flowery sh*t that didn't do anything benefical for my hair. My hair was dry all the time and when it wasn't dry it was weighted down with all that junk!

The only think that's not as bad, is their hair milk, but I like my BB in the white bottle with pink letters MUCH better!

chebaby

im transitioning and i love her products. i dont use them anymore because i think she changed the ingredients to the healthy hair butter. i use to use it and my hair loved it. thats when my hair was the healthiest but then i noticed that the smell and consistancy was different so i dont use it anymore. the hair balm is the bomb for real. in the winter time it is the best thing to moisturize with when the wheather is so harsh.and it smells:lick:.
the black vanilla leave in smells so good but didnt do anything. i hate the shampoos and condish but the some of margARITES MAGIC IS HEAVENLY. it helped my hair thicken up and its good as a moisturizer too. it is pricy but a litle goes a long way. and i love all of her oils

all in all the best products are:
hair balm
some of margarites magic
and her oils

aja1121

I can't really talk about price because I get most of the products free, and compared to the other products it competes with at Sephora, it's one of the cheapest haircare brands there.

With that said, you can always go to your local Sephora and ask for samples. I've used almost all the products and my favorites are Lisa's Hair Elixir and the Hair Butter.

**Helpful Hint** - use her oils has prepoos only

SeatownSista

I have the Hair Milk and Black Vanilla leave-in and they're just okay. I'm not sure if I will purchase them again.