Do you use Carol's Daughter?

NuMe2004

Hey everyone,

I know I'm late, but I just visited the Carol's Daughter website, and some of the products seem pretty cool. I knew Jada Pinkett-Smith was a spokesmodel, but I thought she wore weaves. However, she is on Carol's Daughter's website attributing her long locks to the line's products. This has me wondering if anyone else has been growing their hair with Carol's Daughter.

If you use Carol's Daughter to treat your natural hair, please let me know what products you use. I am all natural and am in need of some moisture rich products. I am interested in trying the Carol's Daughter product line and would love it if some of you could share your thoughts on the brand.

Thanks!

guesswho

There wa a whole lot of talk around carols daughter so I purchased a few things, I'm also natural and I bought the hair milk the hair butter and the hair elixir, her products have beeswax in it and its very heavy and weighs down my curls, the hair elixir made knots all over my hair, and the hair butter was to heavy, the hair milk was ok but I wouldn't purchase again I was so excited to get it and it was a disappointment, but I love the body products I use the facial wash, the face butter and my husband love the love butter and I love the ecstasy souffle very nice, the body products I'll purchase again and maybe the hair milk nothing else, hth:)

NuMe2004

Hey Guesswho,

Thanks for the response. I definitely don't want to use anything that is too heavy. Beeswax is no joke! It will attract dirt to your hair so fast...yuck!

I'll wait to get more responses from other ladies out there who may have tried it, but if I keep getting negative replies, I may just try the lip glosses and call it a day :).

omnipadme

I thought the products were a disappointment as well. I tried the hair milk and tui hair oil- sent it back to sephora the same day.

blue_flower

I used to use the hair butter, hair milk, and the mimosa hair honey. I didn't like the hair butter too much because it was too heavy. I liked the hair milk because it was lighter. The mimosa honey smelled really good but didn't do much at all for my hair.

ShaniKeys

I like her products, some work better than others, my favorite is the Tui Hair oil, it smells great and does wonders for my dry scalp.

honeybadgirl

i bought the shampoo and it didnt even lather up. i wasnt sure if it was supposed to:confused: . i was kind of confused about that, absolutely no lather! this was before the wide distribution with sephora. i had went to NY and stopped at the flagship store to purchase some items. i bought the shampoo, tuti (sp)conditioner, hair milk, the other condtioner, i cant remember the name but i was really impressed with any of it. sad to say because i wanted to be dedicated. then the final nail in the coffin was that my stylist asked me what was i using in my hair that had beeswax in it? she had to wash it all over again. i told her and she said carols daughter is a good line but its leaves alot of build up on my hair. so i just stopped using it altogether. i should throw it away in all this time. its kind of decoration on my beauty shelf:lol:

FineChyna

i tried a few things from there and did not like it.

the only thing my hair does like is the healthy hair butter. i also brought some leave in conditioner last time but i don't think it does anything for my hair so i just spray it on my scalp when it itches.

bLackButtaFly

I use the hair milk. I've tried the others and I didn't like them so much, they didn't do much for my hair. The hair milk is a great moisturizer for my hair though. I got it for my mom(relaxed), and she gave it back to me, so I think it depends on your hair type.

InnerSoul

I have only used her shampoo(khoret herbal amen)... and I love it:)

her oils are costly so I just make my own oil mixtures! and my hair loves it!

I am not natural but my hair still loves her shampoo. If it's good for relaxed, I am sure it is good for natural!

Last edited:

SouthernTease

I tried a lot of things...
the only thing that worked for me was
LISA'S HAIR ELIXIR
... but you can pretty much make that on your own...
its like $20... I just finished my bottle...
I'm just gonna make my own with rosemary, peppermint, and jojoba

lucy

SouthernTease said:
I tried a lot of things...
the only thing that worked for me was
LISA'S HAIR ELIXIR
... but you can pretty much make that on your own...
its like $20... I just finished my bottle...
I'm just gonna make my own with rosemary, peppermint, and jojoba

how do u use it?

blue_flower

InnerSoul said:
I have only used her shampoo(khoret herbal amen)... and I love it:)

her oils are costly so I just make my own oil mixtures! and my hair loves it!

I am not natural but my hair still loves her shampoo. If it's good for relaxed, I am sure it is good for natural!

All of CD's products are costly. The prices went up and you don't get much product either.

ashmack

guesswho said:
There wa a whole lot of talk around carols daughter so I purchased a few things, I'm also natural and I bought the hair milk the hair butter and the hair elixir, her products have beeswax in it and its very heavy and weighs down my curls, the hair elixir made knots all over my hair, and the hair butter was to heavy, the hair milk was ok but I wouldn't purchase again I was so excited to get it and it was a disappointment, but I love the body products I use the facial wash, the face butter and my husband love the love butter and I love the ecstasy souffle very nice, the body products I'll purchase again and maybe the hair milk nothing else, hth:)

These are the same three products I bought. Hair milk=ok hair butter=really think and I haven't found a good use for it Hair elixir=waste of money

Ms Lala

I like the rosemary mint poo it's very gentle. The hair butter is heavy but it is great for 2 strand twists.

NuMe2004

Wow! Thanks ladies. I'm kinda shocked by all the negative responses to the brand. I think Jada Pinkett's hair is gorgeous. However, I know that we can't buy into marketing schemes, because just because her hair is long and luscious doesn't necessarily mean it got that way with the help of Carol's Daughter.

Thanks ladies for the responses. So far, it seems like the hair butter may be the best thing...but I don't know. If I buy some, I'll definitely give you my product review :).

guesswho

ashmack said:
These are the same three products I bought. Hair milk=ok hair butter=really think and I haven't found a good use for it Hair elixir=waste of money

you could say that again, the worst product I ever bought in my pjism state.