Caruso Roller Users

daviine

Can you recommend any type of setting agent with light hold that I can use to make my curls last longer when I need them to (like a windy day for example?)

I was thinking mousse or maybe a conditioning gel like Let's Jam for the ends. I really don't know --is there a light setting cream that I could use? I have Miss Cool but I can't really tell if its working or not yet.

Thanks......

beana3

I wouldn't try to set it with the Jam. even though it leaves the hair nice and soft, I think it would be too heavy to leave you with bouncy curls. I like it better for slicking my hair in a ponytail.

I think going with a mousse would be best. They should levae you with the volume and slight control that you wnat.

daviine

Okay --thanks Beans!!!!!

adrienne0914

this is probably a no no, but i would use holding spray if it was that important to hold the curls longer. rather than the hair sprays that make your hair hard, i prefer the spray in the aerosol can. i have one by Sheenique. it makes the hair a little crispy, but i usually wash it shortly thereafter.

ThursdayGirl

I usually... put setting lotion on my hair (like I'm doing a wet-set...) before I dry it... then dry it straight. Then I roll with the dry hair with the Caruso curlers.....and the set "wets" the setting lotion already in my hair... and it sets with a curl. I usually get good hold ... I can keep a bend in my hair for 4 days like this... without curling my hair up at night.

G

I can't find Vigorol Mousse, do they still make it??

I'm finding too that the Caruso does not work as well for me as when I first got it. I don't know if it's cause my hair is longer or what. I thought about the holding spray to but I don't want it stiff.

daviine

[ QUOTE ]
I usually... put setting lotion on my hair (like I'm doing a wet-set...) before I dry it... then dry it straight. Then I roll with the dry hair with the Caruso curlers.....and the set "wets" the setting lotion already in my hair... and it sets with a curl. I usually get good hold ... I can keep a bend in my hair for 4 days like this... without curling my hair up at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks ThursdayGirl--I'll try this method when I know that I'll be using the Caruso rollers afterwards.

Most of the time I use it if my hair is looking dull or dry---usually last minute. For those days, maybe I'll try mousse or something.

ThursdayGirl

Good Luck Davine
. I tried it with mousse the last time and it didn't go well
. Perhaps I didn't use enough. How much do you use/part? is your hair damp with mousse then you roll it and let it dry? How long does it take to dry? Oh and what mousse do you use?

thanks!

(BTW I love that picture of Celia Cruz!!)

G

Say, I did get the Mousse and tried w/caruso it did curl better and they were bouncy, but I still got that hard frizzed ends then next day.

I'm gonna get this caruso thing down yet.

daviine

Well I use it on dry hair and I just put it all over my hair. However, it was Thermasilk and it had alcohol so I can't really report results. The next time I try it with a new mousse--I'll give you an update.