Castor Oil Experts: HELP!!!!

SmartyPants

OK... I am completely loving what the castor oil is doing for my hair. I use it as a hot oil treatment. My problem is that it is so thick it takes me forever to rinse it out of my hair.

I wash--castor oil treatment--moisturizing conditioning treatment.

If I didn't do the moisturizing conditioning step, my hair would still be packed with the castor oil.

And ideas ladies?

MrsMe

OK... I am completely loving what the castor oil is doing for my hair. I use it as a hot oil treatment. My problem is that it is so thick it takes me forever to rinse it out of my hair.

I wash--castor oil treatment--moisturizing conditioning treatment.

If I didn't do the moisturizing conditioning step, my hair would still be packed with the castor oil.

And ideas ladies?
Apply the castor oil as a pre-poo or dilute it with lighter oils such as jojoba oil, almond oil or olive oil.

Nice Lady

I have a blog that I posted on how to use castor oil. However, follow everyone's advice. Mix it with something or else you will have trouble getting it out.

Stella B.

Apply the castor oil as a pre-poo or dilute it with lighter oils such as jojoba oil, almond oil or olive oil.
I've diluted a few drops of castor oil in my spray bottle filled with distilled water and used it to rollerset my hair. I can see how this same dilution could be used as a castor oil treatment. Just remember that a little goes a long way, it can be thick and heavy on the hair.

vnaps

i am no expert.....but this is what i do:

Prepoo: i mix the castor oil with whatevever other oils i have....current mixture:Castor,jojoba, coconut, wheatgerm, flaxseed, almond (i went on a crazy oil buying episode thats why they are so many....u dont need so much....i'm trying to use mine up :perplexed)...i dont measure quantities

sealing:usually use coconut but will sometimes mix it with castor....just a few drops

braid out: this time round i mixed few drops of castor & aloe vera gel and put on each braid

hth.....hhg!