Castor oil

aileenadq

I was just watching How Do I Look on Style Network. The woman had over-plucked her eyebrows and her makeup artist at NARS told her that castor oil would grow them back guaranteed.

I figure if it works for eyebrows, might it not work for temples? They are a problem area for me, depsite the fact that my hair everywhere eslse is growing fine.

Can anyone chime in with either suggestions and/or experience?

TIA

PS: I already have MTG. I refuse to use it! I spend too much money on fragrances & essential oils for my hair for me to walk around smelling like sulfur and rancid bacon juice. It makes me really self-conscious around other people!

I have heard this too. A lady on mua mentioned that the lady that threads her eyebrows suggested to use castor oil to thicken/grow them.

I love castor oil. my mom used to put it on our hair when we were kids, I use it on my daughters hair and mine, but not as often as i should. It makes your hair thick and it does grow it.

I thought my eyes were deceiving me. I have been using this on my hair alone and my hair seems to climbing right oug of my scalp!:eek:

Thanks for posting this! I really appreciate it!

By the way I use it a certain way. 2x/day I dab some on the top and "scruch" it on my ends. I distribute at night by wrapping and then tying my hair up with a silk scare.

Thanks again.

I posted a thread on castor oil and white iodine. You use white iodine one day and castor oil the next. If you use it for 3 weeks you should notice a difference. I've been using it but I have braids and my edges are okay.

i use castor oil on my hair as a pre-poo and on my ends as an ends treatment and i love it. It is definitely a staple and has thickened up my hair.

I have always had a little part of my eyebrow that just would not grow in. I started using a mixture of castor oil and Surge (put it in a container and used a toothbrush to apply and massage it onto my eyebrows) in the beginning of December. It filled in by the end of January :D! I also use this mixture for my scalp/hair. When I went home, my mom asked me when I had started using a pencil to fill in that part of my eyebrow. I told her that I never started:p. Now I have her using the mixture on her eyebrows :]

Skydancer said:
I have always had a little part of my eyebrow that just would not grow in. I started using a mixture of castor oil and Surge (put it in a container and used a toothbrush to apply and massage it onto my eyebrows) in the beginning of December. It filled in by the end of January :D! I also use this mixture for my scalp/hair. When I went home, my mom asked me when I had started using a pencil to fill in that part of my eyebrow. I told her that I never started:p. Now I have her using the mixture on her eyebrows :]

wow, I will have to try this. do you mind telling me how much of each you use in your mixture? tia

tishee said:
wow, I will have to try this. do you mind telling me how much of each you use in your mixture? tia
Hello:] I did not take an exact measurement, just poured them in until I thought it was about 50/50:). Good luck!

ETA- I did this every night before I went to bed. I guess you could do it during the day also, but it does leave a glossy sort of film when it starts to dry:] Didn't want to be walking around with that :D

Skydancer said:
Hello:] I did not take an exact measurement, just poured them in until I thought it was about 50/50:). Good luck!

ETA- I did this every night before I went to bed. I guess you could do it during the day also, but it does leave a glossy sort of film when it starts to dry:] Didn't want to be walking around with that :D

thanks skydancer!

Armyqt said:
Sherrylove uses castor oil as a part of her regimen.

oh how i love castor oil.....smile....it helps to keep my hair soft and strong. I use it for my hot oil treatments, and i add a small amount of it to my deep conditioning treatments......

I have been using castor oil for two weeks now. I also want to know which type of castor oil are you ladies using. I switched from EVOO to castor oil because everyone raved about it.

It is very thick in my opinion and I don't even know if I'm using the correct type. I have the kind that "relieves constipation."

I'm using it as my protectant (mixed with MNT conditioner) each morning and night. Just a dab for my ends.

I use BB Oil Moisturizer Lotion with Castor Oil and Aloe. Does castor oil have a funny smell? I was wondering if that is what gives this lotion its odd smell. Good stuff though.

Blackbird77 said:
I use BB Oil Moisturizer Lotion with Castor Oil and Aloe. Does castor oil have a funny smell? I was wondering if that is what gives this lotion its odd smell. Good stuff though.

Depends, if it's refined then it shouldn't have any odor, but I recall the unrefined black stuff does have a strong nutty odor.

I love castor oil. I use it to oil my scalp on wash day. I use an applicator bottle and go to town. I buy my castor oil from the vitamin shop. It's the one for constipation. My hair is really thicker and growing very nicely. I feel the castor oil is a big factor in addition to frquent washing. I started using it because my puffs started thining my sides. My hairline is coming in thicker now.

CORBINS said:
I posted a thread on castor oil and white iodine. You use white iodine one day and castor oil the next. If you use it for 3 weeks you should notice a difference. I've been using it but I have braids and my edges are okay.

What exactly is the white iodine that you are referring to?

Alli77 said:
Depends, if it's refined then it shouldn't have any odor, but I recall the unrefined black stuff does have a strong nutty odor.

I don't know what kind of castor oil this company uses, but the smell is like a "sweet funk". A couple of weeks ago I started using this lotion after eight years and the smell made me sick to my stomach. I needed to go suck on a mint.

Blackbird77 said:
I don't know what kind of castor oil this company uses, but the smell is like a "sweet funk". A couple of weeks ago I started using this lotion after eight years and the smell made me sick to my stomach. I needed to go suck on a mint.

Umm...that don't sound right!:perplexed :grin: Castor oil really shouldn't have that scent if I'm right. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, you probably don't have pure castor oil. THere's a place where you can order it online, pure Jamaican castor oil, bumping for someone to post the link.

Oh my, I can't even think of a smell that would smell like that one, :lachen: , that was sooo funny to me. I guess I'll really be taking a trip to Natures Nutrition today, they are gonna really start liking me there, lol, everytime I leave I've spent $60-100 bucks. :look:
Blackbird77 said:

Back