Ceramic Curling Iron.... anyone...........?????

karly

I see that many of you are using ceramic flat irons but has anyone tried using a ceramic curling iron??? I'm really not good at the flat iron thingee and was thinking about trying the curling iron. Since it is ceramic I'm thinking that it's about the same as using the flat iron just with curl. Any thoughts???? Do you think it's more damaging or about the same???

Oh, and How often can you use the flat iron???

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
i just bought a ceramic curling iron but havent dared use it because I have just begun getting thickness to m sparse ends but I also bought Conairs Ion shine hot curlers which have the benefit of ions so it isnt damaging-- i think I will give those a try first.

localhost

I use the 'ceramic tools iron by jilbere' and I get better results from that compared to a flat iron. For me, the flat iron has a lot of material on it that doesn't reach my hair, you know, the plastic shielding around the edges. Where as the flat iron gets the hair straight, the curling iron gives it body all in one stroke. So instead of using the flat iron to get the hair straight and then using the curling iron, you're putting the heat on your hair once.

The pic in my signature is when I used the ceramic curling iron. HTH.

karly

Thanks ladies........and sweetpea your hair looks great. I think I might try it instead of the flat iron.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: Ceramic Curling Iron.... anyone...........????

I don't have a flat-iron either. I do much better with a curling iron. I actually use the curling iron to "flat-iron" my hair

Anyway, I have the Jilbere Ceramic Curling Iron. I think it's the 1 inch barrell.

localhost

Thanks Karly, and I'm sure you'll like the curling iron

ravenmerlita

I have the ceramic curling iron and the flat iron. I got the flat iron first and love it. But once I got the ceramic curling iron, I realized it straightened and curled all in one step. So it's all I use now and I've retired the flat iron.