Channel 5 News Special Report - 'Going Natural'

GodivaChocolate

I kind of liked the story, well I liked the part about the little girl and her mom...BUT, It made it seem as though being natural = "bald headed" or short hair and I can just hear people saying that our natural hair can't grow. I wish they would've included a natural with full, thick, luscious hair that was very long and maybe even showing the versatility of natural hair...maybe I'm asking to much

Anyway, why is mainstream focusing so much on our natural hair anyway..I'm sick of being under the microscope, whether I'm natural, relaxed, weaved up or wiggin it...That's my business..How about they do a segment on white women and their damaging hair practices and their wigs and weaves.

Go Away:perplexed

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
my only complaint is: WHY HAVENT THEY DONE THIS SOONER.?

about tiime we hear something positive outta the news about black people -___-

im juss saayin.. lol

chejam

Great story, because of this hair care board and another one I joined, I have been natural for a year after 20 years of relaxing. And my hair is very healthy from being natural. We have to embrace it, so society will see we love who we were made to be.

Ms. Martina

She's in my field and this brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy to see more and more news reporters/anchors being accepted with their natural hair!

BoaterGirlKim

Great piece...and I'm glad the anchor alluded to professionalism with regards to natural hair - one has nothing to do with the other.

miss stress

OMG y did the little girl just talk me into transitioning? My dd is 4 and of course natural, and I never want her to have to deal with tht type of pain so f it, I guess Im switching teams. Transition begins TODAY!

Rastafarai

I like that story. Thanks so much for sharing.

Did anyone else almost tear up or am I big crybaby?

Definitely not the only one. I started tearing up when the mom described her daughter's reaction to seeing her BC results. Such an inspiring story.

As for the news anchor, I think her new style takes her very well. Did you all check what she said? Who tells someone the they NEED get extensions??? Seriously? :nono: :nono:

I hope she gets as much air time as before while sporting her cute 'fro.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I cried too.:blush::lol: It was happy tears.:yep: The little girl looked so happy that she now had her mom as an example to look to. Very nice story! Thank you!

mg1979

Made me tear up too! Now I'm proud that if I have a little girl some day, she will always know her mom with natural hair! That reminds me: tomorrow will be the first time my niece will see me with all natural hair!

Sianna

Thanks for sharing!! Overall it was a very uplifting story! Hopefully, it'll strike a chord with even more of our black sistahs, and they'll consider coming to the natchal side too! :grin:

@miss stress, congratulations on starting your transition!! I really hope that all goes well and that you are thoroughly pleased with your decision! Please keep us posted! :yep: