Cheapest (and best) REAL Ceramic Iron?

Namilani

Hey, ladies!! I'm not even gonna lie: Infommercials are GOOD! I get sucked in whether it's a kitchen appliance or make-up! You know I was up in here drooling the other night when a one about a flat iron came on! I did my research on here about the True Ceramic Pro, and I'm actually pretty sure I shouldn't get that one, now... So, any other cheap REAL (not a coated) ceramic irons? I just don't think I could/would splurge on a Chi, Sedu, or Maxiglide! I want a 1-inch plate, too. I saw Sally's as a generic Chi. How much is it? Anyone tried that JDL on eBay? What's the cheapest I could find any real one? Where? TIA!!

It might be more beneficial for you to save up money for an "expensive" ceramic iron. The cheaper irons will most likely be ceramic coated iron and won't last.

I've tried Sally irons. The Jiberre worked until the coating wore off and it started frying my hair. The Ion I returned the to Sally's after barely a try. It snatched a section of my hair out. [That section went from bra strap to an inch long. :lol: ] After that I just took the plunge and invested in an higher priced iron.

I've had no issues since... Where ever you plan to purchase your iron please make sure they are an authorized seller. If they aren't--the manufacturer may not honor the warranty. You want insure that if you spend a nice amount of money you can get back or get the appliance replaced.

Sorry I couldn't really recommend a cheap iron. :)

ChocoKitty said:
It might be more beneficial for you to save up money for an "expensive" ceramic iron. The cheaper irons will most likely be ceramic coated iron and won't last.

I've tried Sally irons. The Jiberre worked until the coating wore off and it started frying my hair. The Ion I returned the to Sally's after barely a try. It snatched a section of my hair out. [That section went from bra strap to an inch long. :lol: ] After that I just took the plunge and invested in an higher priced iron.

I've had no issues since... Where ever you plan to purchase your iron please make sure they are an authorized seller. If they aren't--the manufacturer may not honor the warranty. You want insure that if you spend a nice amount of money you can get back or get the appliance replaced.

Sorry I couldn't really recommend a cheap iron. :)

I'm not saying cheap as in low-quality. There are irons that are truly ceramic (not coated like you mentioned) that aren't over $100. I just want an idea of just how low I can find them and what names to look for. Kinda like The Limited vs. D&G. Both are high quality, but D&G is just a whole heck of a lot more!! Right now the Chis, Sedus, Maxiglides, etc. are so dern high b/c of th names. I'm willing to pay up to about $60, but $120 and I could drop that thing... Well not happening!!

Check follica.com. They have some nonbiased reviews . Their prices are also not too bad. You can get a good quality iron from there and if it is broken or you don't like it, they will give you a new one.

The cordless one is too cute! But it's coated :( !! I've never been to Folica.com... I've been killing eBay! I want one of those cute little colored ones!!

yeah i suggest you save up and invest in a sedu. i bought the best cheapie at sally's which cost $60+. Little did i know it was coated with ceramic not real ceramic plates. it started peeling after a month. if you want something cheap then i helped my friend bought this at walmart. so far she loves it. it cost $26.99

p29408z.jpg

caribeandiva said:
yeah i suggest you save up and invest in a sedu. i bought the best cheapie at sally's which cost $60+. Little did i know it was coated with ceramic not real ceramic plates. it started peeling after a month. if you want something cheap then i helped my friend bought this at walmart. so far she loves it. it cost $26.99

p29408z.jpg

LOL, I don't mean that cheap! That's the ceramic-coated one I already have!! I wanted cheaper ceramic one around the $30-$80 (at the absolute most). Thanks for the link KhandiB and DTWgrl! So many dern choices!! My final decision will come done to spiral curls, lol!!

I suggest you get a CHI on ebay, ive been thru the cheaper irons and they all suck compared with CHI, i think its worth it to spend more, its 2 frustrating with cheaper irons

I had the generic chi from sally's and it broke. It just wouldnt power on, and I had only used it once. I returned it. I have a sedu now, but I purchased it from a member here so I only paid 60.00. :D

Talipoohz_Momma said:
I'm not saying cheap as in low-quality. There are irons that are truly ceramic (not coated like you mentioned) that aren't over $100. I just want an idea of just how low I can find them and what names to look for. Kinda like The Limited vs. D&G. Both are high quality, but D&G is just a whole heck of a lot more!! Right now the Chis, Sedus, Maxiglides, etc. are so dern high b/c of th names. I'm willing to pay up to about $60, but $120 and I could drop that thing... Well not happening!!

I totally understood what you meant. ;) I'm searching for cheaper pure ceremic irons myself to suggest to others. But I would NEVER suggest something I wouldn't use myself--after I've tried it and it failed. I paid $99 for the ION iron. It was ceramic but it ripped out my hair and didn't seem that great IMO. As other have already suggest--you can find name brands for less on Ebay. However my personal concern would be warranty coverage. :)

BTW-- ms portugal is selling a T3 Wet/Dry for $60
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=96696

I'd snatch it up myself but it's not within my budget right now.:)

I have this one..it's a solia..I got it from Folica.com..88 bucks...

New breakthrough in hair styling technology! This incredible ceramic ion 1-1/4" flat iron features Dynamic Alignment System to ensure perfect contact between your hair and the plates. even heat distribution for true silky straight hair. Its ceramic/tourmaline ion technology will generate gentle far-infrared heat and extra negative ions to create the perfectly frizz-free hair without heat damage. Kiss bad hair days goodbye!

gorgeoushair said:
I have the JDL but I don't know if it's 100% ceramic. It gets the job done. Me likey:)

JDL came to mind b/c of eBay. They're all over with the Chi Infusion for as cheap as $10 on any given auction. Some sell for WAY more b/c people think they're getting a Chi. LOL, I'm on eBay too much to fall for that one :lol: ! But since you don't think it's genuine, it's off this list. How much was yours? Does it look like it's peeling or whatnot? BTW, Solia is in the lead. It looks like Chis break too much, Maxiglides are higher and have teeth, and the Sedu is higher... The Solia is also rated very well on Folica! Thanks again, ladies :)!

Don't buy the True Ceramic Pro flat iron! It is not worth it's price! I bought one a while back and only a month after using it, the "ceramic" started to chip off of the plate. Then it just completely died, after only one-month of use (this was before I joined LHCF, so I was using it daily, but not so much that I would kill it:confused: ). Anyway, I was able to get a replacement, but again, after about a month or so of use, it started chipping again. Then to top it all off, pieces of the iron started breaking off. At that point, I just threw the thing in the trash! It was the worst-made product I've ever encountered. The customer service wasn't all that great and I would never recommend that iron to anyone. :mad:

mw138 said:
Don't buy the True Ceramic Pro flat iron! It is not worth it's price! I bought one a while back and only a month after using it, the "ceramic" started to chip off of the plate. Then it just completely died, after only one-month of use (this was before I joined LHCF, so I was using it daily, but not so much that I would kill it:confused: ). Anyway, I was able to get a replacement, but again, after about a month or so of use, it started chipping again. Then to top it all off, pieces of the iron started breaking off. At that point, I just threw the thing in the trash! It was the worst-made product I've ever encountered. The customer service wasn't all that great and I would never recommend that iron to anyone. :mad:

It's discontinued on Folica.com a rated very poorly! Thanks for the head-up! I'm still thinking I'm gonna get me a Solia. I'm getting ready to check out the FHI, though!

Back