check these out

SVT

My thoughts:

I see various harmful ingredients lists posted on the hairboards. These lists never say what amounts are harmful though and never direct the reader to the scientific research the list was based on. And some of the lists are compiled by beauty companies looking to sell readers their "natural" products.

Without the ability to analyze the research these lists are based on, I choose not to regard them as seriously as perhaps the author intends. I choose not to let a list scare or intimidate me.

I am concerned about what I'm putting on or in my body, so I do read a product's ingredients list, but I also keep in mind the old adage, "All things in moderation".

SVT

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
In response to
Poster: SVT
Subject: Re: check these out
These lists never say what amounts are harmful though and never direct the reader to the scientific research the list was based on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected! /images/graemlins/blush.gif The list Viper posted has a bibliography attached:

BIBLIOGRAPHY:
Begoin, Paula Blue Eyeshadow Should Still Be Legal, Beginning Press, 1988
Brumberg, Elaine Take Care of Your Skin, Harper &amp; Row Publishers, Inc. 1989
Chase, Deborah The New Medically-Based No-Nonsense Beauty Book, Henry Holt and Co., 1989
Friend, Tim "USA Today," 4-10-90
Green, Dr. Keith Detergent Penetration Into Young and Adult Eyes Department of
Opthamology, Medical College of GA, Augusta, GA.
Hampton, Aubrey Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients
Organic Press Metarasso, Dr. Seth L. "Faking lt" – Muscle &amp; Fitness, November, 1990
Novick, Dr. Nelson Lee Super Skin, Clarkston, N. Potter, Inc., Publishers, 1988
Valmy, Christine 8 Vons Ulrich, Elise "Mid-Air Skin Care" – Entrepreneurial Woman, July/August 1990
Winter, Ruth A Consumer's Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients, Crown Publishers, Inc. 1989
Wright, Camille S. Shampoo Report, Images International, Inc., 1989

That's what I get for ASSuming!