CHI Silk Infusion, no heat?

sharifeh

Hi,

I've heard everyone sing the praises of this product....
This question may sound silly but...
Does anyone use the CHI silk infusion that doesn't use heat? I know that people use them for rollersets, blow drying and flat ironing, but can it just be used as a leave in? :blush:

msa

I know I've seen a couple of post where people use it to seal after moisturizing. It makes sense to me because the silicones probably keep the hair smooth and help to block out humidity (at least a little bit).

Denise11

I use it to help detangle my hair. I'm not even sure if its truly a heat protectant, so I don't really use it for that purpose.

mscocoface

I have used this only once with heat but the rest of the times 99.9% I use it on my cottony mass of wonderfulness in twist outs and braid outs.

I am one of those who was absolutely a militant about not using cones of any kind but I got wiser and realized that if it works on my hair and it keeps it healthy then I use it.

Silk Infusion works for me.

Natural Glow

I do sometimes. when I wash my hair I'll put some leave-in (lacio, lacio or Paul Mitchell the conditioner [generic]). then just put some chi silk infusion on top. It comes out shiny and soft

Solitude

Yes. I use it when wet bunning & for braidouts - smooths the frizzies & helps with shine. It also seems to help with detangling, but I don't really use it for that.

sharifeh

Thanks everyone!
for those of you that use it to detangle, what exactly do you mean by that?
like on freshly washed hair....??

back2relaxed

I use it to airdry my braidouts...also to airdry when wet bunning. As the others stated it smooths the hair...it dries softer w/a nice shine to it. I have grown to love it!

Lady Esquire

Yeah, I started off using it only when I rollerset or flat iron. But since I rarely do that these days, I have been using it regularly for airdrying this summer.

sharifeh

thanks i used it to airdry today (along with other products though) and got good results
does anyone use it alone or in conjunction with your other leave ins/moisturizers...

Dannibear86

I also like using it for wet bunning. After I co-wash I put on some leave in and then work about a quarter sized amount through to my ends. I like the way it smells and it leaves the hair shinny.