Chi silk infusion or Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum

mrsrd

What hair serum do you guys prefer, Chi Silk infusion or Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum. I purchased the Chi silk infusion and cannot get pass the smell. I am think about returning it and purchasing the Paul Mitchell.

Allandra

I've never tried the CHI Silk Infusion, but I've read about a lot of people not like the smell. I've used the PM SS Serum, and it smells good and works good imo.

Littlelady81

Well I love the Chi silk infusion but I hate the smell too. I only use a very little amount on the last two inches of my hair tho. The smell doesn't last long on my hair because after I finish pressing my hair I go over it with a leave in conditioner.. (Garnier sleek n shine).

I guess the best advice I can give when using chi is to use very little amount and cover it with a leave in conditioner that you like to use. the smell should be gone by the next day :)

ceebee3

I use both, Paul Mitchell smells really good. I use them for rollersets and I don't smell the Chi at all after my hair is dry.

ms.blue

I only use the chi silk infusion. I hate the smell but love the results after blowdrying or flat ironing. I hate the chi straight guard w/ a passion. It stinks and make your feel like straw.

blksndrlla

I use them both, but I do prefer the chi. The smell doesn't linger, IMO. The SS seemed to be easy to "over-do" versus the chi for some reason.

I am trying the thermasmooth system on Friday just to see if I like that better.

mrsrd

thanks everyone for the info. I do have another question. The Chi silk fusion is not to be used on a daily basic. Should it be used for rollerset, blow drying and flat ironing?

Thann

I have both and love the PM. The Chi is just okay imo. I've grown to dislike the smell myself and I hate that it only works well when I'm using heat. The PM smells way better and works well with however I chose to style my hair.

Mizani_Mrs

I like the PM super skinny alot better than the Chi. It smells better and it's much thinner and not as thick and sticky. when i use Chi, it's like my hair doesnt necessarily feel greasy, but it looks greasy and somewhat weighed down. people always say use just a dab.:ohwell: But i use like 2 or 3 dabs because its a heat protectant and I want to coat every strand if i'm using heat.

There was a chemist (i forget her username) who broke the Chi Silk Infusion down and said it was the best protectant out there...it was a couple of years ago. Her contribution was great. Since then, I have always sworn by it!

Glamorous_chic

i dont have a problem with chi silk infusion. i actually like it. lol. didnt know so many hated it. my last wash i used both, and LOVED the results. i can see how pm can be easy to overdo, b/c it's not as thick as the chi. ive used chi for about a year now and still LOOOOVVEEE it when blowdrying.

lushlady

I can't compare the two since I've only used CHI. I love it, especially the smell. I didn't realize so many people didn't . I use it when I blow dry then I put a little dab on when I am done flat ironing and ready to wrap my hair up.

back2relaxed

I have used both, and I vote for Chi. I use it everytime, no matter if I rollerset, airdry, flat iron, whatever...it is the bomb!

Shoediva

ya'll trippin! I :love: the smell of silk infusion! It's like a sexy man is near me all day :lick:

I agree.

I purchased the CHI silk infusium 2 weeks ago and when I walked by my DH he was like "ummm come here, what is that smell" I said Umberto was here this morning:lachen:

The smell lasts in my hair for about 3 days:grin:

My-Foolish-Heart

I've tried both and I think I am leaning towards the Chi Silk Infusion. Which reminds me that I need to go repurchase a bottle of it!

ladylibra_30

There was a chemist (i forget her username) who broke the Chi Silk Infusion down and said it was the best protectant out there...it was a couple of years ago. Her contribution was great. Since then, I have always sworn by it!

I forgot her username too but her post was sooooooooo informative and helpful (A LOT OF HER POSTS WERE). When I read her post about the CHI I went right out to buy it. I love the smell, texture, consistency, price range, and of course the performance of CHI - the fact that it is actually benefitting my hair and not merely coating it. :yep: I also like the Iron Guard and Keratin Mist.

I hope someone bumps that thread up...

Ms_Twana

I LOVE the smell of SI!!! And I just went out and bought SS serum finally. I LOVE IT!! I used the shampoo, conditioner, relaxing balm, and serum to straighten the other day. My hair feels GREAT. It got nice and straight with no blow dryer and the Sedu on 300. :yep:

So, I like both. I think I'll use SS serum for my ends every time I was my hair.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I like the the Chi Silk Infusion..

and PM SS relaxing balm.. not the serum

mzsophisticated26

i used both before and I prefer CHI because it's not that greasy like Paul Mitchell. The CHI smell is strong like men cologne but I deal with it.

Ms_Twana

I just wish the shine lasted longer for both products. Both give great shine, but it doesn't last very long on my hair.

Ms_Twana

I believe her username was navsgeda. She was very informative and she did say that CHI Silk Infusion was the best. I use CHI too and I absolutely looove the smell doesn't bother me a bit. I like the fact that it's non greasy and I don't have to use a lot of it. I never used PP MS so I can't really compare both.

ETA: the link is http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=110350&highlight=navsgeda

Oh dang. That was my thread. :lol: Yeah, that was a good one!! :yep:

Angelinhell

The CSI is best when used with heat(if you can find the one with the good ingredient list). I don't use it anymore, because I'm tired of the smell. The Paul Mitchell I didn't like, it smells good, but it didn't do anything(I think it has alcohol in it). I do want to try the Paul Mitchell relaxing balm, I hear it's better for "our" hair.

GrowAHead

Well I bumped because I just used both together... We will see how it goes

Also...I honestly didn't even notice the smell!

JustSitNBePretty

I don't feel like the smell of the Chi lingers in my hair. I also feel like the Chi helps me from getting heat damage when I do straighten. It also doesn't leave my hair feeling heavy. Some of you must use way too much because my hair always light as a feather.