Church in the DC-MD-VA Area

MindTwister

Mindtwister, I'm not sure about infant baptism in all denominations but I don't think that most baptize unto salvation but it's a dedication to Christ(christening). We do it because Jesus was brought to the temple by Joseph and Mary as a child and dedicated. He was later, as an adult, baptised by John the Baptist. It's a tradition not a requirement for most. The parents, godarents and others are admonished to raise the child up in the nuture and admonition of the Lord and to live godly lifestyles before them. It's understood that the children will have to be baptized at a later age to publicly align themselves with Jesus.
Oh ok that's what ya'll were talking about! Yea I knew about that; I just thought we were talking about water baptism of infant, that's why I said I didnt know non-Catholics did that

MindTwister

I finally arrived here in the DMV area yesterday, and I'm staying in Greenbelt for the moment. I feel a bit overwhelmed because I know NOTHING about this whole DMV area and only know a couple of people...
I don't even really know where to start though I know my priority is getting a job.... Ladies please keep me in your prayers... I'm going to try and find my way to "From the Heart Ministries" this sunday and hopefully I wont get lost lool

firecracker

The hood you say huh? How hood are we talking?:look:
Folks don't drive around gun blazing now do they?:lachen: j/k
Seriously, thanks for the recommendation :)

Yeah you. Why you leaving me uh uh? :look:
I'm glad you got to check out my church while in Cali.

You know the hoods of DC and the hoods of Compton are very different right. :lachen:

Good luck on your future endeavors! USC grad in da hiz house! :grin:

Ms.Honey

I finally arrived here in the DMV area yesterday, and I'm staying in Greenbelt for the moment. I feel a bit overwhelmed because I know NOTHING about this whole DMV area and only know a couple of people...
I don't even really know where to start though I know my priority is getting a job.... Ladies please keep me in your prayers... I'm going to try and find my way to "From the Heart Ministries" this sunday and hopefully I wont get lost lool
Well hon, how did it go. I would have offered to meet you someplace and take you there but I'm in Norfolk this weekend:drunk:

MindTwister

Well hon, how did it go. I would have offered to meet you someplace and take you there but I'm in Norfolk this weekend:drunk:
Unfortunately I wasnt able to go. I slept at 4:00am so I was too tired to get out of bed:perplexed

Also overall I'm feeling a bit down and lonely... I miss L.A:ohwell:
Which is maybe why I should have headed to church today...

Ms.Honey

Unfortunately I wasnt able to go. I slept at 4:00am so I was too tired to get out of bed:perplexed

Also overall I'm feeling a bit down and lonely... I miss L.A:ohwell:
Which is maybe why I should have headed to church today...
There's always next week:yep: If you go here you can see the broadcast I think. WWW.FTHCM.ORG

BeautifulFlower

I love my pastor.

FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF GLENARDEN--awesome church, awesome word. Check out a sermon on www.fbcglenarden.org
Pastor Jenkin's is on point!
located on Watkin's Park Drive in Upper Marlboro Maryland

Ebenezer AME Church www.ebenezerame.org
Pastor Grainger Browning
located on 10000 Allentown Road
Fort Washington, Maryland

Metropolitan AME Church
Washington DC
(let me get the exact address for that one)

oh -yea, I believe not quite sure but both First Baptist and Ebenezer have shuttle services that pick up for various areas, you can give them a call and find out.

check out http://www.lifestream.tv/

and check out hip hope church Rev. Tony Lee, church located in Marlow Heights Maryland

gimme some time, I'll have some others for you to check out, especially in DC

MindTwister

I love my pastor.
What's the preaching style of your pastor is I may ask?
Does he take a topic and preach from different scriptures related to the topic?
Does he preach on one particular passage and extract a topic from it?
Does he explain verse by verse what a passage is saying?

Thanks in advance for the reply

imani97

FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF GLENARDEN--awesome church, awesome word. Check out a sermon on www.fbcglenarden.org
Pastor Jenkin's is on point!
located on Watkin's Park Drive in Upper Marlboro Maryland

Ebenezer AME Church www.ebenezerame.org
Pastor Grainger Browning
located on 10000 Allentown Road
Fort Washington, Maryland

Metropolitan AME Church
Washington DC
(let me get the exact address for that one)

oh -yea, I believe not quite sure but both First Baptist and Ebenezer have shuttle services that pick up for various areas, you can give them a call and find out.

check out http://www.lifestream.tv/

and check out hip hope church Rev. Tony Lee, church located in Marlow Heights Maryland

gimme some time, I'll have some others for you to check out, especially in DC

I second First Baptist of Glenarden (though I'm not sure that it is metro accessible) I was a member there before I moved to NYC. I love that church and wished that I could find one like it here in NY.

MindTwister

I second First Baptist of Glenarden (though I'm not sure that it is metro accessible) I was a member there before I moved to NYC. I love that church and wished that I could find one like it here in NY.
I actually went there last sunday but unfortunately didn't stay through the whole sermon since I had some place to be; or so I thought cuz I arrived where I was supposed to find out the appointment was cancelled:ohwell:
Anyways I liked the praise and worship and overall I had a good first impression:)

PassionFruit

From the Heart Church Ministries has two locations. One in Temple Hills, one in Clinton both in P.G. County, Md. WWW.FTHCM.ORG Great church:drunk:.

I had a co-worker whp passed away and her funeral was there because she & her husband attended... Im so busy with my own ministries but I always said I was encouraged by the sermon at the funeral and I wanted to attend a regular church service.... the funeral was at the Clinton location....

I later found out a sorta-relative also attends that church... I think the Clinton location too since she lives in Clinton

Poli

I attend McLean Bible Church (when I lived in Mclean Va. but have sinced moved) and Mt Pleasant Baptist Church. I was recently told about Mt. Olive Baptist in Centerville which I hear is great. If you want to attend together let me know, see my profile for email address.

BeautifulFlower

Sorry it took me so long to get back in here.
We are a bible teaching church. He is a very animated teacher. Uses his own personal experiences as examples as many ministers do. He often first makes sure we understand the context on the text. He'll give you background history up to the point where he begins his sermon. Alot of times he jumps around in the bible to different text. He does explain verse by verse as well as give you greek and latin meanings of words in the bible.

If you have questions you can always go to him and ask. We also have bible institute classes and bible study every tuesday night. U can watch sermons and bible study via the web as well.

HTH

What's the preaching style of your pastor is I may ask?
Does he take a topic and preach from different scriptures related to the topic?
Does he preach on one particular passage and extract a topic from it?
Does he explain verse by verse what a passage is saying?

Thanks in advance for the reply

Ms.Honey

I had a co-worker whp passed away and her funeral was there because she & her husband attended... Im so busy with my own ministries but I always said I was encouraged by the sermon at the funeral and I wanted to attend a regular church service.... the funeral was at the Clinton location....

I later found out a sorta-relative also attends that church... I think the Clinton location too since she lives in Clinton

I go to the Temple Hills location for 11am Sunday service. Bible study and 8am service is at Clinton. Soon both services will be across from Andrews. We're moving, yay!!!!

SoUKnoMe

I go to the Temple Hills location for 11am Sunday service. Bible study and 8am service is at Clinton. Soon both services will be across from Andrews. We're moving, yay!!!!

Moving? Away from the school location? Are they moving into another school, or did they build?

MindTwister

Sorry it took me so long to get back in here.
We are a bible teaching church. He is a very animated teacher. Uses his own personal experiences as examples as many ministers do. He often first makes sure we understand the context on the text. He'll give you background history up to the point where he begins his sermon. Alot of times he jumps around in the bible to different text. He does explain verse by verse as well as give you greek and latin meanings of words in the bible.

If you have questions you can always go to him and ask. We also have bible institute classes and bible study every tuesday night. U can watch sermons and bible study via the web as well.

HTH

Hey,

Thank you very much for your reply:)
I actually went to your church 2 sundays ago and though I didnt stay throughout the whole sermon, I enjoyed the praise and worship a lot:)