Clairol vitapointe

naomi

good skin and hair
Hi ladies

I was just wonderng if anyone has any reviews on clairol's vitapointe hairdress, I was eyeing it at Sally's. Thanks.

Allandra

I used this product a long time ago. It did well on my hair (nice and shiny and moisturized). I have no idea why I stopped using it.

gloomgeisha

I used to use Vitapointe (it was one of those staples my mum swore by) but I always ended up with crunchy greasy feeling hair. Maybe that's just me though. >.<

bajanplums1

i bought a small tube. I found it to be really greasy. I think it's just mineral oil & petroleum from what I remember from the ingredients. I ditched it & went back to applying B&B on my scalp. At least the B&B has coconut oil, sulfur, wheat germ oil, vitamin e & sage.

I don't recommend Vitapointe unless you really want a greasy shine.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I actually have a big ole tub of it and I love it. Only thing is, you have to use it sparingly. A little goes a lomg way.

It makes my hair so shiny and soft!!

EssentialGrowth

I would recommend Vitapointe only for the shine that if gives your hair/images/graemlins/up.gif. Its a great moisturizer for my ends too, I just don't use it on my scalp because of its main ingredients being mineral oil and petroleum.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
I actually have a big ole tub of it and I love it. Only thing is, you have to use it sparingly. A little goes a long way.

It makes my hair so shiny and soft!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Sparingly is the key word girl. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I really did like this stuff when I used it back then. After realizing how much I liked it back then, I'm going to get me a tube real soon. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I didn't apply this to my scalp back then. I only used it on my hair.

Vitapointe, here I come.

Nsslovely

I HAVE FINE HAIR ANDI USE VITAPOINTE IT IS GREAT BUT YOU ONLY NEED A DIME SIZED AMOUNT AND IT'LL GO A LONG WAY. IT DOES CONTAIN PETROLEUM AND MINERAL OIL SO DON'T USE ON SCALP

ricochet

I just recently purchased a tube from Sally's($3.99 for 1.75 oz:() and have used it 3 times and so far so good. I rub it on my hair after a co. wash as a moisture sealer. It's not greasy on my hair(I guess cause I got that super duper thick stuff and it absorbs everything) It's nothing spectacular, but it is a good thick cream hairdress that equates to Liv. It's been around for awhile. It has a hint of fragrance, but nothing overpowering...smells like lotion, looks like lotion. My grandmother used to use it BACK IN THA DAY. /images/graemlins/smile.gif So yeah, it is very much an "ol school" product. I also saw an 8oz tub of it in my local BS store and it was $9.99! I have no clue why it is so expensive(for my taste anyway) /images/graemlins/laugh.gif...

Anywhoo, the ingredients are as follows:(list is short so I can finally conribute an ingredient list for once /images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

Mineral Oil, Water, Beeswax, Aluminum Stearate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Stearic Acid, Proplyparaben, Calcium Oxide

I will use it up until it's gone but I won't purchase it again, because Liv is pretty much the exact consistency(thick and lotion-ey) and is alot cheaper! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PrettyBrownEyes

You can find Clairol Vitapointe at the Dollar Tree in some areas, for yes, $1. A Sally's employee recommended I purchase it at the Dollar Tree--very nice of her.

Anyway, its okay every now and then but, not for daily use, it builds up and the only thing good ends up being the shine but, my hair won't feel as good after awhile.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
EssentialGrowth said:
I would recommend Vitapointe only for the shine that if gives your hair/images/graemlins/up.gif. Its a great moisturizer for my ends too, I just don't use it on my scalp because of its main ingredients being mineral oil and petroleum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. It's great for shine. I used to use if for YEARS but now I find that it weighs my hair down after using it for a few days and it makes my scalp itch and gives me dandruff like crazy! /images/graemlins/barf.gif

I only use it very sparingly these days and only when I know I'll be washing my hair within 2 days or so. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MissB

I agree with the others. You have to use this product sparingly or it will build up and you will have a greasy mess. But, it does provide a nice shine to the hair.

Ms Red

I bought the tube for $2.00 at my local BSS. I love the shine, but limit myself to only using a dime-sized amount to lessen buildup.

It gives good shine and seals my ends. :grin:

ThickHair

That was the only thing that my Nana used and it made her hair so soft. She did have a tube of it for at least a year. She was natural and had long thick hair. She used it on my hair when I spent the summer's with her and it made it easier for her to comb my hair. My mother didn't care for those cream dressings so when I got back home it was back to Dixie peach.

I haven't seen Vitapoint but I have a container of Liv that I have been using it for over a year.