Clarify + Garnier Fructis 3 min mask= Whoaaaa!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Last night I decided it was time to clarify. I washed my hair once with Herbal Essence Clarifying shampoo and put my GF 3 min mask on my hair. I let it sit about 5 minutes.

OMG
shocked.gif
, speaking of some serious slip. My hair was slippery and oh so extremely soft. I impressed myself. I already love the product but now, I am just in love
love.gif
even deeper.
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif

I am going to giving my precious LUST another chance this weekend after I clarify to see if I get better results from it that way. I usually only clarify only once a month but I may start doing it more since I co wash daily any way.

you too?! i did that saturday and my hair had more slip than ever. i did the exact same thing you did except i used the pantene clarifying shampoo. I think that it has maximum results when you dont have any buildup from other products.

Hmmm, sounds good. Ive been looking for stuff with real slip lately. If Im not mistaken, slip is what helps prevent tangles, right?

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:
Hmmm, sounds good. Ive been looking for stuff with real slip lately. If Im not mistaken, slip is what helps prevent tangles, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
You are right. With slip your comb or fingers should be able to glide through your hair. No tangles!

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:

[/ QUOTE ]
You are right. With slip your comb or fingers should be able to glide through your hair. No tangles!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good news! Thanks DSD
smile.gif
. Ive been eyeballing this product at Wallgreens lately. I think I am going to give it a shot.

[ QUOTE ]
Spagirl said:
DSD, what do you think about the clarifier you used?

[/ QUOTE ]
I leaves my hair pretty soft. I don't really care for clarifiers though. They seem too harsh. But I tell you what, If I keep getting those type of results after doing it, I will make it a regular weekly habit!

yeah i hate clarifiers to but they get the job done! I noticed that if I use a dime size amout i get a lot of suds so becasue of that i dont lather twice. Once is enough for me!

Wow. I like that whoaaaa review.
wink.gif
This stuff does smell awesome. Of course, I haven't purchased any, but I did sniff it in the store.
laugh.gif
I'm sure I'll give this one a try some time in 2004.

DSD,
After that one thread on Garnier Fructis 3 min mask, I had to go get some...and OMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!
shocked.gif
I am in LOVE!!! And the smell is to die for
spinning.gif
I use it all the time -- it has got to be one of the BEST conditioners I've used. In combination with my CON, "My Head Is Happy!!"
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Wow. I like that whoaaaa review.
wink.gif
This stuff does smell awesome. Of course, I haven't purchased any, but I did sniff it in the store.
laugh.gif
I'm sure I'll give this one a try some time in 2004.

[/ QUOTE ]
Try it I think you will like it!
poke.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ChocoLatte said:
DSD,
After that one thread on Garnier Fructis 3 min mask, I had to go get some...and OMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!
shocked.gif
I am in LOVE!!! And the smell is to die for
spinning.gif
I use it all the time -- it has got to be one of the BEST conditioners I've used. In combination with my CON, "My Head Is Happy!!"
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this stuff is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
poke.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
After the hair care product challenge.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
poke.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
After the hair care product challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't wait! The challenge ends the end of the year. So some time the beginning of the year or so I will anticipate your review! I can't wait to hear what you think! Until then.

DAGGIT DSD
whip.gif
, I promised myself I wasn't gonna purchase another conditioner.., i have too many already
wallbash.gif

A L L A N D R A I need HEEELLLLLLPP!!!! I wanna join your challenge so bad, but I just I know I ain't gone make it.
whyme.gif

I'll post a review on the Garnier soon
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hello all,
I clarified my hair this past weekend and used the Garnier 3 minute mask but i left it on for 30 minutes and it really did not do a good job of giving my hair slip. After washing my hair i have been using beyond the zone last call or got2b emergency repair conditioner for 30 minutes with my steamer, and then i use a hydrating moisturize conditioner like clairol renewal 5x intense hydrating conditioner or this time i used the garnier 3 minute mask which i used without heat for about 30 minutes. I have natural hair and trying to put the conditioner on all of my hair is a challenge. I really love the clairol intense hydrating conditioner but i was disappointed that the garnier really did nothing for my hair. I want to try the st. ives strength and shine that Jade has been impressed with. I guess it goes back to some products work for some and some don't.

Army,

This hair care product challenge is working out great for me (they always do
grin.gif
). I'm able to use up SO MUCH stuff.
up.gif

[ QUOTE ]
fancypants007 said:
Hello all,
I clarified my hair this past weekend and used the Garnier 3 minute mask but i left it on for 30 minutes and it really did not do a good job of giving my hair slip. After washing my hair i have been using beyond the zone last call or got2b emergency repair conditioner for 30 minutes with my steamer, and then i use a hydrating moisturize conditioner like clairol renewal 5x intense hydrating conditioner or this time i used the garnier 3 minute mask which i used without heat for about 30 minutes. I have natural hair and trying to put the conditioner on all of my hair is a challenge. I really love the clairol intense hydrating conditioner but i was disappointed that the garnier really did nothing for my hair. I want to try the st. ives strength and shine that Jade has been impressed with. I guess it goes back to some products work for some and some don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

i did the same thing as you the first time...stick to the directions. 3-5 min does its justice. when i left it on for a half hour my hair was dull and not soft but when i followed the directions my hair was the total opposite the second time around.

I just bought mine yesterday, and I plan to use it exactly the way DSD used it. Cant wait, cause "slip" is definitely what I need. I have NO patience with detangling. The Surge helps, but I need just a little more help.

Ok I have to take back some of the bad things I said about Garnier Fructis. It did absolutely nothing for me so I just wanted to use it up to get rid of it. Well today I used it for a conditioner wash and all I can say is WOW, slip galore. MY hair turned out so soft. I think I have to stop bad-mouthing products until I figure out how they will work with my hair! Im sorry
grin.gif

Back