Clarify - preshampoo treatment-shampoo-condition

Dionne

I was wondering if anyone has ever done that. I was thinking that maybe you could get even better hot oil treatment results if you clarify first and then shampoo with you regular moisturizing shampoo. What do you all think?
Yay or nay

G

I never tried this but it sounds like a great idea
I've always wondered if doing the pre-treatment first,then clarifying after would strip the hair of the pre-treatment benefits? Your outline makes a whole lot of sense and I will be sure to use these steps the next time I pre-treat my hair

Kaela

That does make sense and sounds like it would be more effective that way...I probably wouldn't be able to do it myself simply because of limited time.
The closer equivalent for me would be to clarify/deep condition one day, and preshampoo/moisturizing shampoo/regular condition the next wash day. I guess that isn't the same thing though....

azul11

I always thought that some people use a preshampoo to combat the dryness they get from the ingredients in their shampoo. i thought the clarifer would remove buildup of product over a course of time and should be used maybe once a month or so. not too sure.
God bless you all.

Dionne

I see what you are saying azul. I guess I should clarify what I really meant by a clarifying shampoo. Mizani and keracare make one designed to be used for the first wash followed by thier moisturizing ones. They are not soo strong that you should use them once or twice a month but they are a little stronger. I got this idea from looking at my mizani fufyl bottle. It says to use the puriphying shampoo first and then the fulfyl. I guess the puriphying shampoo opens up the cuticle a little more for the conditioner to work.