Question about clarifying the hair

daviine

I plan on using a clarifying shampoo today. I'm not sure becasue it sounds countereffective, but should I still do a hot oil treatment before clarifying?

I was thinking my hair might not get as tangled (if I do a hot oil treatment) when I clarify since I'm so used to using CON.

What do you do when you use a clarifying shampoo?

Thanks.

NAY007

i have to admit that i got pretty lazy and i don't do the hot oil treatments anymore. i do clarify from time to time. i use the pantene clarifying shampoo and shampoo twice. then i apply a deep conditioning treatment and then do the usual.

when i used to do the hot oil treatments, i did them once a week but not before clarifying. i would do it before washing my hair with a regular shampoo.
you can try it though and see how it will work for you.
good luck,
nay /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

daviine

How often do you clarify? I'm thinking I'll do it once a month when I do my ultra deep conditioning treatment. I bought the Suave brand becasue it was on sale for 79 cents. The Pantene was about $5 which I didn't really to pay since I didn't know how long it would take me to use.

hairfanatic

Hi Daviine,

I use the Biosynthesis Line to clarify. It comes in a trio of the shampoo, conditioner and phinish, which detangles. I really like it a lot.