Cleanse with Bentonite Clay; Deep Condition with Rhassoul?

Naturelle

After reading so much about these two products and their purposes, I was wondering if you can...

Cleanse your hair with a Bentonite clay mask and then follow up with a
Rhassoul deep conditioning?

Is it too much, can you not do it in the same day one after the other? If you do one it's not necessary to do both?

And why would you add acv to the bentonite or even rhassoul clay? Wouldn't that be too acidic? Please let me know.

Miss*Tress

From what I've been reading around various forums, you wouldn't use both clays - just one or the other. Both have cleansing properties, but you can add honey and oils to moisturize and condition at the same time.

Urban

I didn't realize rhassoul was a conditioner ... do you know how it works to condition? I've always thought it was a cleanser like bentonite...

vkb247

I think that it matters how you mix the clays, it is not necessarily the clay themselves. I know that I have used bentonite as a treatment.

I know that some definitely mix ACV into their clay mixes. Hair is acidic and I have found that my hair prefers my homemade treatments that have ACV in them.

cutiebe2

I used Rhassoul this week and it was conditioning. I made some hibiscus and marshmallow powder tea (just boiled the powders in a pot and then strained). I also added a tiny bit of melted coconut cream. My hair felt so smooth. Rhassoul is conditioning but not in the same way that normal conditioner is (different feeling). It makes the hair feel very smooth and silky and nourished but also very light and feathery.

I want to try the bentonite clay soon but I have a feeling it is more clarifying.

empressri

NO leave them separate. I would definitely NOT use bentonite clay and then rhassoul. It's too much, better to keep it simple. Plus, if you haven't used either at all yet, you don't want to mess up your hair cause you may not know how either will work.