Clogged Drain From Henna

natstar

I really like my henna results from using the karishma henna. The only problem I have is that it has clogged my tub drain- has anyone else had this issue? I want to continue to use henna but I don't want to buy drano everytime I need to henna-any suggestions?

JustKiya

Baking Soda and Vinegar. Sprinkle the BS down the drain, then slowly pour the vinegar down after it - it'll bubble and churn, and it's usually enough to clear out the drain. :look:

Stella B.

I have so been waiting for someone else to say that they had this problem too. Last month, I had to take a plunger to the drain hole to force all the henna and bhrami paste out of my bathtub's pipes. I couldn't believe what I got out! So much muck and mud! I am going to rethink where I shampoo, (might have to do it in the basement sink), and instead of using the pastes, I might have to switch over to the teas just to keep my drains clear. :ohwell: My poor little bathroom drainage system has been overtaxed for about a year! I poured some draino down there, and plunged away for about 30 minutes trying to clean it out a little! Its even stuck in the back-up drain!:perplexed I'll just have to experiment with finding another way to keep my pipes and drain open, cause I'm not about to give up on my ayurveda treatments!! :yep:
So no honey, you are not alone! I'm sure there are others out there with the same problem like us! What's everybody else doing to keep those drains clean???????????

JustKiya

I also find that the more conditioner I add to the henna, the 'smoother' it seems to go down the drain. :lol:

I've also heard suggestions of running the outdoor water hose down the drain, full force.

Neith

Is that henna finely sifted? I use jamilla henna and I have not had that problem... it just runs right down.

BostonMaria

Kiya=McGiver LOL

I rinse out 99% of the henna in my kitchen sink. Then finish rinsing out the rest in the bathroom. At least my kitchen sink has a disposal.

spritex

Is that henna finely sifted? I use jamilla henna and I have not had that problem... it just runs right down.

Yeah, just what I was thinking. If it's not finely sifted the henna will also contain twigs, grass and sand which can clog drains up. Finely sifted or BAQ henna should dissolve as it rinses out with minimal or no residue. I have used various types and I find jamila BAQ henna rinses out like this. My drains are fine.

ajargon02

Baking Soda and Vinegar. Sprinkle the BS down the drain, then slowly pour the vinegar down after it - it'll bubble and churn, and it's usually enough to clear out the drain. :look:

YUP YUP!!
Works like a charm everytime and it's cheap!
Be sure to flush it with HOT WATER and if it's still clogged then plunge it.
Repeat the mix till water is running smoothly. :)