Co-Wash Question (Dry hair or wet?)

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Hi Ladies,

I have a co-washing question. Do you put the conditioner on your hair completely dry or wet it a little? I know normally after I shampoo I try to towel-dry my hair as much as possible and then apply the conditioner. But with co-washing it seems like I would have to use a WHOLE LOT of conditioner if I put it on my hair when it's completely dry. Is this correct?

I'm already using too much of the Organics cholesterol as it is so I'm trying to stretch it out if I can.

Thanks in advance!!

Hairsnob

audacity.

co-washing should be done the way you would shampoo.

instead of shampoo, you are washing your hair with conditioner.

MoMo

^^^Right! I usually keep my hair as wet as possible. This allows the conditioner to get through my entire head.

MummysGirl

I use the conditioner on wet hair as stated in previous replies but some ladies apply conditioner to dry hair and leave it on for a while before cow-washing it out.

Nonie

Either way is fine. The instructions on Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose are:
Shake well before using. After shampooing, apply to damp hair and work through, concentrating on the ends. Leave on for 1 to 2 minutes, then rinse. For deep conditioning: Apply to dry hair and distribute from scalp to ends. Leave on for 15 minutes, then shampoo and condition hair as usual.
Not sure if the same is true of other conditioners but there's no harm in doing it either way, as far as I can tell. Whichever works for you.