Co washer who clarify

lurkersincejan

Just curious since you only conditioner wash, when its time to clarify do you clarify with a clarifying conditioner or a clarifying shampoo? I picked up both at CVS the V05 lime one because I was not sure which one I needed and I want to clarify tomorrow.

Eisani

I use either a chelating poo if I want a deep clean inside and out, or a clarifying poo if I just want the surface clean. I don't really buy into the notion of a clarifying conditioner.

Simply_Kelz

I have that same clarifying conditioner from VO5. To me, it feels the same as the moisturizing condish. I use a clarifying shampoo.

PeggyFair

I have that same clarifying conditioner from VO5. To me, it feels the same as the moisturizing condish. I use a clarifying shampoo.

Kewl. I didn't realize that it was a clarifying conditioner until I had already bought several of them. Hopefully it'll feel as moisturizing as the other V05's that I have.

OP: I use ACV to clarify.

ajargon02

Just curious since you only conditioner wash, when its time to clarify do you clarify with a clarifying conditioner or a clarifying shampoo? I picked up both at CVS the V05 lime one because I was not sure which one I needed and I want to clarify tomorrow.

Honestly it really depends on my mood, and what I have around.

Lately I have been using Neutrogena daily moistuizing clarifying shampoo. I like it b/c it gets off all the build up w/o leaving my hair stripped, and feeling like hay.

Sometimes I will use the VO5 clarifying lime conditioner

Sometimes I will use suave coconut condish mixed with baking soda

Somtimes I will use a diluted solution of acv (apple cider vinegar) with distilled water or lemon juice with distilled water.

Sometimes I will use a benzonite clay mix that I do. It "sucks" out the impurites. I really like it, and my hair is so very soft and fluffy afterward.

With the "natural" stuff I let it sit in my hair for a few minutes, then I will concentrate on my scalp. I ususally make a gallon of the mix and bring it in the shower. It does really well. I like the acv/or benzonite clay mix the best of the natural options.

JustKiya

I mix some baking soda with my usual cowash to clarify.

I don't think that clarifying conditioners clarify - they are just the 'best' conditioner to go along with a clarifying shampoo.....

RedVelvet310

My hair is in braids right now so I'm not co-washing, but when its out I co-wash with HE Hello Hydration ... every so often when I feel as if my hair isn't taking to the conditioner as well as it used to, I know its time to CW so I mix CON shampoo and baking soda and apply that to my hair and leave it on for like...10min just massaging, that usually does the trick for me.

audacity.

Hi, there, lurkersincejan! I clairfy with shampoo.

lurkersincejan

Thanks for all the replies, Im just going to use the clarifying poo and follow up with my cholesterol for deep conditioning. I swear i am so corny because i get so excited for the weekends to do my wash and roller sets

Creatividual

I use either a chelating poo if I want a deep clean inside and out, or a clarifying poo if I just want the surface clean. I don't really buy into the notion of a clarifying conditioner.

Totally agreed. I use chelating poo. I've started CW this summer so I will be shampooing once a week and using the chelating poo once a month to avoid build up.

ajoyfuljoy

I chelate and I use Aveda Detox then follow up with a light Aphoghee 2-minute treatment. I try to do this every 2-3 weeks or just when even after I wash with normal shampoo, my hair doesnt' feel clean.

lydc

Baking Soda mixed with my conditioner or my new love Betonite Clay mixed with my conditioner.