Coconut Oil that actually smells like coconut oil!

Aubergold

Do y'all know which of the brands of coconut oil smell like coconuts (that what I meant in the title lol)? The natural brands are nice and fancy and all but they smell sucky and for me that defeats the purpose (outside of sealing and shine of course).
:)

Rhapsodie

I have coconut oil from the health store that is organic, extra virgin and it smells like coconuts. I love it. the brand is Garden of Life I think.

preciousjewel76

I first bought coconut oil back in October 2006 from GNC. It was organic, extra virgin, blah blah blah and it smells like bacon grease! I don't know if this was a bad batch or what, but it does not smell the least bit coconutty. I use it (mixed with scented lotion) on my skin, but the smell turned me off of coconut oil for awhile. I recently ordered a fresh batch of coconut oil from eBay, and it is *excellent*. Smells and tastes like coconut! Plus, the price was reasonable ($14 incl. shipping for 1 lb.) and I got my order in 3 days.

Here's the seller's link:
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil

stargazer613

From Nature With Love's Virgin Coconut Cream smells so delicious! more of a sweet coconut milk smell. but it's not too overpowering and gives great shine :)

Last edited:

Arcadian

dunno?:confused: I use Natures Way Organic and it smells like coconuts. It dosen't smell like candy coconuts or anything, just good natural coconut. (no one I know has ever mistaked the smell for anything other than what it is)

-A

Aubergold

Arcadian said:
dunno?:confused: I use Natures Way Organic and it smells like coconuts. It dosen't smell like candy coconuts or anything, just good natural coconut. (no one I know has ever mistaked the smell for anything other than what it is)

-A

thank you

some coconut oils smell like nothing or even have a smoky smell . Perhaps these are the refined or unrefined ones or something.

Mom23

I got organic coconut oil from vitaminshoppe it is by Nutiva, and it smells like coconuts. :)

crlsweetie912

My first coconut oil was from the ebay seller listed earlier. GREAT!

I use the indian coconut oil now. It's ANMOL under the Dabur brand. LOVE IT!

The Girl

I kinda get the feeling you mean like really fruity like? I use Nutiva and it smells like fresh coconuts but not fruity if that makes sense. Like blueberry candy smells nothing like real blueberries or banana scent and real bananas. I don't know if I am making it worse...lol. I Cocacare has a coconut oil but its ingredients are mineral oil, petroleum and fragrance but it smells divine to me. I used it before I found out that those did NOTHING for my hair1

LocksOfLuV

Rhapsodie said:
I have coconut oil from the health store that is organic, extra virgin and it smells like coconuts. I love it. the brand is Garden of Life I think.

Mines too. It smells like real deal coconut but damnit the smell does not last long AT ALL. I got Spectrum unrefined.

I know there is a coconut oil (it's not 100% tho) that is sold in the BSS and it has a coconut fragrance. You could try that.

RIG, what kind do you have?

LovelyLionessa

There is a coconut oil brand called Antillean that I find in the Spanish beauty section of certain grocery stores or drugstores. It comes in a small jar and it smells of coconuts.

BrooklynSouth

RavenIvygurl said:
Do y'all know which of the brands of coconut oil smell like coconuts (that what I meant in the title lol)? The natural brands are nice and fancy and all but they smell sucky and for me that defeats the purpose (outside of sealing and shine of course).
:)

PARACHUTE..but you know what? I prefer the LAXMI in the dreadful glass jar, smells kinda coconutty but I like it better for my hair.

Aubergold

JustMeSteph said:
I kinda get the feeling you mean like really fruity like? I use Nutiva and it smells like fresh coconuts but not fruity if that makes sense. Like blueberry candy smells nothing like real blueberries or banana scent and real bananas. I don't know if I am making it worse...lol. I Cocacare has a coconut oil but its ingredients are mineral oil, petroleum and fragrance but it smells divine to me. I used it before I found out that those did NOTHING for my hair1

oh yes you're right. I guess real coconut do not smell like the fruity stuff like in blue magic coconut grease. So yeah I guess I want the fruity sweet stuff.

Aubergold

LocksOfLuV said:
Mines too. It smells like real deal coconut but damnit the smell does not last long AT ALL. I got Spectrum unrefined.

I know there is a coconut oil (it's not 100% tho) that is sold in the BSS and it has a coconut fragrance. You could try that.

RIG, what kind do you have?

my friend gave me a sample of the spectrum refined and it smells nothing like fruity coconut. It's actually kinda smoky smelling

LocksOfLuV

RavenIvygurl said:
my friend gave me a sample of the spectrum refined and it smells nothing like fruity coconut. It's actually kinda smoky smelling

Hmmm, maybe there is a difference between refined and unrefined because my unrefined smell just like coconut.

leleepop

It is a difference between the refined and unrefined Spectrum. I bought the refined one first, and to me it doesnt smell like anything. I have the virgin unrefined and I want to eat it or bake a cake with it I think it smell yummy. lol I want the try the others now also.

LocksOfLuV

leleepop said:
It is a difference between the refined and unrefined Spectrum. I bought the refined one first, and to me it doesnt smell like anything. I have the virgin unrefined and I want to eat it or bake a cake with it I think it smell yummy. lol I want the try the others now also.

Okay, may this is the culprit RIG.

Unrefined is so expensive too. It was 11 bucks!:eek:

brickhouse

I have the Spectrum unrefined on my hair as we speak. I am with you it smells nothing like coconuts. I was suprised by the smell. At least I know it is the real thing. I smelled the refined and it smells like coconuts. I had the Now brand and it kinda of smell like coconuts a little.

leleepop

LocksOfLuV said:
Okay, may this is the culprit RIG.

Unrefined is so expensive too. It was 11 bucks!:eek:
Thats y I bought the refined one first it was like five bucks and I paid 7 and some change for the virgin. It depends where you get it from because I saw some at another healthfood store for 7.99 for the refined and 9.99 for the virgin.

SilkyandSmooth

Arcadian said:

-A

I also use Nature's Way and it definitely smells like coconuts. It smells delicious. :lol:

The Girl

Closer1 said:
I use Parachute my SO says it makes my hair smell like coconut drops he wants to eat it..;)
Ok Recovering PJ has a reason to go to the Indian store tomorrow!!!